Chapter 9.

Props to: MJLynn for her pretty funny comment. (at least i think its funny:D)

Well Jason, rent you Mr. Prince Charming. first you beat the sh** out of your girlfriend, call her fat, and say you are simply looking out for her, dont you deserve Best Boyfriend of the Year award. (That was sarsasm, for all of those who couldnt tell)

~

Now!! back to the book!!:D please enjoy!!:D

__________________________________________________________________

We started opening presents, youngest to oldest, so of coarse I went first and then it went around from there. Tyler's mom was like a little kid, bouncing up and down in her seat. But she was even more excited when we would open our presents from her, than when she would get one herself.

Every now and then I would catch Tyler and Jason have a small glaring contest, though it would always be over as fast as it started.

We all got both real gifts, and some gag gifts. The most embarrassing one that wasn't shown, was one from my mom to my dad. His eyes lit up when he opened it, but he never took it out of the box. Instead he started making suggestive comments to my mom, and they got all flirty with each other. It was cute, but since they were my parents, it was down right embarrassing to watch, and also made me want to gag slightly.

"Come on, save it for when I'm not in the room, please!" I begged my parents, they both started laughing at me, but stopped the commenting.

"Aw, Kota. Are you grossed out by your parents?" Tyler coo'ed, patting the top of my head.

"Yes," I muttered to him, then swatted his hand away while pouting.

"We'll I know what will turn that frown, upside down" Tyler said chuckling, he pulled out a present that he had hidden behind him.

"Is that for me?" I asked sweetly, batting my eyelashes.

"No, I thought I would just show it to you." Tyler said sarcastically, rolling his eyes.

"Well, you never know." I stuck my tongue out at him, then snatched the present from his hands.

He chuckled at me, and then watched intently as I opened the gift. I peaked down at the present in my lap, my curiosity growing as I lifted the edge of the paper and slowly started opening it. Finally getting it out of the wrapping paper, I saw 4 different boxes inside. I gave him a curious look as I picked up the first one.

"I have four years of gifts to make up." he said simply with a shrug.

I made an 'O' shape with my mouth and chuckled slightly, then proceeded to open the first box. I felt the material of a t-shirt and pulled it out, then laughed slightly. On the front in bold lettering it said-

My Best Friend is a Shark

I showed everyone and they laughed too, getting the joke. Jason looked a little confused but didn't say anything. I laughed at Ty and then put the shirt down next to me and then picked up the next box in it, this box was smaller than the first. After getting the paper off this one, I opened the box pulled out a leather bound journal. I opened it up and saw Ty's hand writing, and a picture of me and him in it on the very front page, it was taken on the day he left. Our arms around each other and smiling to the camera, but if you really look, you could see the hidden sadness in our eyes.

"What's this?" I asked him, holding up the journal.

"That.... Is a copy of every letter I ever wrote to you, and stuff I wish I was able to say to you while I was gone. It wasn't as good as talking to you, but it was the next best thing" he said with a sad smile, I looked down at the journal and then back to him, then threw my arms around him.