Chapter 24.

I kicked and thrashed around, trying to get out of their hold. Their evil and lust filled eye's were staring down at me as they laughed. I screamed at them for them to let go of me, for them to stop touching me, but it just made them laugh further. Hey were watching me squirm, nothing was more exciting to them than causing me to squirm and scream.

"Dakota!" I heard someone's voice yell. "dakota-"

~

"Dakota!" my eye's snapped open to see Ty looking at me with a very worried expression. he sighed and dropped his head in relief when he saw that I had woken up. "shh, it's okay. they are not here anymore, remember? there gone, locked up for life. they can't hurt you" He whispered to me until my breathing was back to normal, then he took my face in his hands and wiped my cheeks free of tears. "I thought you said that weren't having the dreams any more?" He asked as he pulled me into his arms.

"It wasn't a total lie, They only come every now and then" I whispered, wiping my tear stained cheeks.

"Why did you tell me they stopped then?" he asked as he kissed my forehead.

"Because I didn't want you to worry anymore" I sighed, then a thought came to my head. "Ty..."

"yeah?"

"What are you even doing here at-" I glanced over to the clock. "7:30 in the morning?" I had moved into Ty's house after everything with Jason escaping, and I now stay in his guest bedroom. Ty had gotten a job that has working morning hours, so he can also work on getting his degree during the evening.

"I've come back to pick you up for the camping trip, remember?" he asked, then it everything about the trip clicked,

"Oh yeah" I chuckled. "but who's idea was it to wake me up so early?" I asked playfully scowling.

"It's only the first day of summer, you would think you would be used to getting up early for your studies." Ty teased.

"Studies, shmudies. I was never a morning person" I laughed.

"Very true" he chuckled softly, then we both just fell into a comfortable silence.

I loved the feeling of Ty's arms around me, the safe, security and strength felling I get from them. Also the love and warmth that surrounds me, It makes me feel like i'm home. I sighed and relaxed more into him, hoping to stay there forever.

"I see you were reading my journal last night" Ty commented as He looked over to my nightstand. I nodded. "did you finish it yet?" he asked, and I nodded again. "so did you ever figure out why I left?" he asked softly. I opened my eye's and turned around in hiss arms, facing him and looking up into his eye's.

"You left because you wanted a bright future. You wanted to have the money to support me and afford things you might have not been able to while going to college."I whispered.

"And I wanted you to have a bright future as well. I wanted to be able to get you everything you wanted and more."he said tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Ty, as long as I have you, i'll have everything I want." I told him honestly, causing him to smile his cheesy smile and he leaned down to kiss me.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer, while his hands worked themselves to where they were around my waist. Moved my leg up and around him so I was sitting on his lap, not breaking the kiss. I started to moved my hand's into his hair, pulling at the end's his grown out hair. I started to pull back to tease him and he started to sit up, trying to follow me.

I smiled and leant back into the kiss, as my hands moved to his chest. Right when his hands were starting to trail up my side, the phone rings.

"Ignore it" Ty murmurs, still kissing me.

"It could be the twins"

"They'll call back then." He says, causing me to chuckle. I roll my eye's when the phone stops ringing, but then they go wide as Tyler surprises me and flips us over. "that's more like it." He says smirking, leaning down to kiss me again. A few seconds later the phone starts ringing again, Ty groans a little on his throat and pouts, causing me to chuckle. I smile and peck his lips, then push him to the side a little so I can get up.

"Hello-"

"You guys ready to leave yet?"Jamie asks, cutting me off.

"Just about, maybe about 10 minutes before we leave" I sighed into the phone.

"We'll then hurry up grumpy pants! And tell Ty to stop distracting you so y'all can hurry" she said causing my cheeks to flame, I mean don't get me wrong, I'm not a virgin, but me and Ty haven't done that yet. He wants to wait, which I am fine with, I just wish I could have done the same.

"Jamie!" I cried out embarrassed.

"Just hurry up and get your butt's over here!" She said laughing, then hung up the phone before I could respond.

"They waiting on us?" Ty asked, sitting up on the edge of the bed.

"Yep, they're already there"

"Then it's a good thing the camp site is only 10 minutes from my house" he said getting to his feet. "You ready?" He asked, looking down at my covered body.

"Yep!" I threw the covers off, exposing my jean shorts and plaid button down shirt that I had on.

"Well, then lets go!"

~

"They're here!" Jamie calls as she sticks her head out of the tent, her hands on her hips as she's raising her eyebrows at us.

" 'Bout time!" Luke says, sticking his head out of another tent.

"Yeah guys! You couldn't have taken longer? I mean this is our last week to hang out before we go back!" Darren complained as he was walking out of the trees with firewood in his arms.

"Sorry, after work I had to go back and wake up sleeping beauty" Ty said smirking.

"I don't know about sleeping beauty, it's more like waking a sleeping beast" Carrie said teasingly.

"I resent that!" I gasped, " I may not be a morning person, but at least I don't snore in my sleep." Carrie's cheeks flamed and she narrowed her eyes at me.

"I don't snore!" She crossed her arms over her chest. "And your breath smells like cat crap in the morning!"

"We'll at least it doesn't smell like-" I was cut off by a wide eyes looking Shane, while everyone else around us was just looking on in amusement.

"Girls! Girls! You're both beautiful, Now stop fighting!" Me and Carrie looked at Shane then just out laughing. Shane got this confused look in his face while Damien and Matt came up and patted him on the back.

"Don't worry dude, they got us last time too" Matt says with an amused and sympathetic smile.

"Last time?" He asked confused.

"It's playful banter," Damien says shrugging. "They do this a lot."

"They like to get in your heads and make you think that they're about to have an all out cat-fight"

I rolled my eyes at them and gave Carrie and Jamie a hug, then while the guys were still talking we went inside the tent and zipped it up. We sat down on some sleeping bags and the girls passed over a cinnamon rolls, it was our secret stash because the guys all wanted to use camping food and whatever fish we caught in the river.

"So? You and Tyler are living together... What's that like?" Jamie asked eagerly.

"I live in his guest bedroom, its like when he stayed over at my house for my birthday week." I shrugged.

"Yeah, but that was before everything happened between y'all that made it official! And it was over 4 months ago!" Carrie exclaimed.

"I sleep in my own room," I rolled my eyes at them, chuckling slightly. "Besides, I wouldn't want to wake him up" I said quietly, both of their faces dropped and they nodded in understanding. They knew of my nightmares since I have been telling them everything, lately more so than before since I have nothing to hide anymore.

"Yeah, I guess I can see where you're coming from." Jamie sighed.

"Haven't you ever thought that sleeping next to him could get rid of them though?" Carrie pipped in.

"I have, and I tried. We've fell asleep on the couch a couple times... Well more like a few dozen times, but a few times I still had them." I shrugged. Bringing my knees up to my chest, I rested my chin atop them and wrapped my arms around them.

"I'm sorry, I wish there was something we could do." Jamie says solemnly.

"Don't worry about it, lets just focus on having fun this week." I said putting a smile on my face. "We best be heading out of the tent by now, other wise the boys might get suspicious. We wouldn't want them take our stash" I giggled.

"Definitely not!" Jamie agreed.

"Girls?" I heard Damien call out.

"Coming!" I called it, my eyes wide as we frantically tried to hide our stash. "I swear that they're about to come in here, and then they will drag us out." I said chuckling.

"That wouldn't be so bad..." Carrie says to herself. Me and Jamie stopped putting the food up and looked at her, when she raised her head she saw us looking at her and her cheeks went pink. "I said that out loud, didn't I?"

"Yep, you did" I say as a grin stretches across my face.

"So who-" Jamie got cut off.

"Girls, are you coming out?" I heard Ty call this time.

"We're finishing this later." I promised her, causing her cheeks to go pink again.

We stuffed the last of the food away so it was nodded, then unzipped the tent and walked out. tTy and Damien were raising an eyebrow at us as we came out of the tent, then there eyes zeroed in on Carrie and a smirk appeared.

"Is Carrie actually blushing?" Damien asked smiling, his voice surprised. Carrie's eyes found him then she narrowed her eyes, trying to glare while her cheeks flailed again. "What were you guys doing in there to make Carrie blush?" He asked us chuckling.

"Shut up Damien!" She pursed her lips at him.

"Oh, shut it sis." Jamie said smiling as she pitched her twins cheek. "He's just messing with you."

"I thought we were going to the river?" Darren said as he joined our little circle.

"You bet we are. Girls, you might want to change into your swim suits." Damien said, gesturing for us to go change.

"Be right back" I rolled my eyes at them, then we quickly went inside the tent and changed into our swim suits, pulling our clothes back on over them.

After we were all dressed, we hiked with the guys all the way to the river, carrying a couple beach towels since the guys had all the heavy stuff. Once we got there, we set up our stuff and sat down as we watched the guys all take their shirts off and throw their shoes further up shore. I caught sight if Ty's back and bit my lower lip, trying to keep back some thoughts.

My eyes scanned over his tribal cross tattoo and then moved down lower to see if I could spot any more besides the one on his arm, but I couldn't seem to find any. I remember him saying that I would have to find out if he had any more, but did that mean he does?

Just as I was thinking that, Tyler turned around and started coming towards me. My eyes scanned over his chest and trailed down his abs, then they caught sight of something. I squinted and tried to focus, but he was moving so it was difficult.

"Like the view?" Ty smirked, catching me looking as he took a couple more steps towards me.

"Mm-hmm" I mumbled absentmindedly as he grabbed my hands and puled me up to my feet. "What's that?" I asked him, looking up to his face.

"What's what?" I put my finger on his pants covered hip bone, and he blushed. He actually blushed. "You saw that?" I nod my head. "I guess you found my other tattoo then" he says with a shy smile.

"You do have another one?" I asked, my eyes lighting up.

"Yep" he nodded slowly.

"Do I get to see it?" I asked sweetly, curiosity already eating at me. He puts his hand on the edge of his pants and pushes it down just enough to expose his tattoo. My eyes take in the infinity symbol with my name written in it as part of it, and I slowly put my finger up to it as I examined it carefully. "So when did you get this?"

"The same time I got the one on my arm." He said, making me look up at him in surprise. "Dakota, even If I didn't get to have you. You would have always been mine. My best friend, my first love, my first crush, and that kind of stuff will stay with me forever." Tears sprang to my eyes at his words, and I leaned up and kissed him.

"What did I do to deserve you?" I whispered as I pulled away. His hand cupped my cheek as he wiped my tears away.

"You were perfect, you always have been, and always will be."

"Ty, I'm far from perfect." I shook my head at him.

"Your perfect for me."

I was about to tell him different when suddenly a bucket of cold water was splashed on the both of us, I gasped and turned to see the two culprits laughing their butts off at us. I chuckled myself and shook some of the water off, while Ty glared at his two marine friends.

"Don't give us that look, we were only trying to help." Shane said laughing.

"And how did splashing us help?" He asked confused.

"It looked like you two could cool off," Darren said laughing. "I don't know about you guys, but that stare was hotter than the Sahara Dessert." He said as he fanned himself.

"That's it!" Ty called out then started running towards them, they quickly threw their buckets aside and took off towards the River.

"Guys are so strange." Jamie commented as she came up to my side.

"No kidding, how do you guys out up with them?" Carrie asked, coming up next to her sister.

"Why? You want some tips?" I raised an eyebrow at her, making her cheeks turn red again. "Yeah, don't think I've forgot about that. We're definitely going to talk about it later." I said wiggling my eyebrows.

"Ugh!" She groaned.

"Come on girls, last one in is the rotten egg." Jamie said, then took off ahead of us.

"Hey!"me and Carrie exclaimed after sharing a look, "That's cheating!"

We laughed and raced down to the river and jump in, immediately releasing a squeal because the water is freezing. We start swimming around and splashing each other and eventually the water feels warmer. About 2 hours later, Matt and Shane to grab the fishing poles and head further down the river to where they can catch some fish for lunch.

Ty came over to me and put me on his shoulders, and soon Jamie was in the same position on Damien's shoulders.

"Guys! Put us down!"

"Chicken fight!" Damien yelled.