Chapter 10.

for their amazing and funny Comments, Im giving props to-

: VinaChristianti- Omg I just wanna lock that Jason dude in a room with chucky or that texas chainsaw dude D: or worse, with dora, barney and that creepy mcdonald mascot:]

: ArmyBrat1729- *deep bada88 voice* "actually... I'm a Marine." Hell yes!! That boy kicked Jason's damn butt!!!! That was so awesome! And finally! Jason can get put in his place in jail ^_^ and Kota and Ty can skip off into the sunset and live happily ever after.

: PastelStarlight- is it just me or did Ty sound, looked, or whatever, hotter when he fought Jason? ;)
I'm really hungry after reading this...

~

and now!! back to the next chapter!!:D

____________________________________________________________________

When the police arrived they immediately called an ambulance. They tried to start asking me questions on what happened, but Ty demanded that I see a paramedic first. But he did tell them what happened from when he came in, the whole time not letting me go from his side.

When the ambulance arrived, the paramedics came over to me, and the others started checking Jason. Since he was unconscious, they loaded him up on a gurney and took him out of the room, with a cop supervising of coarse.

The medics set me down on the couch and started examining me, shining the light in my eyes to check their dilation, and making sure I didn't have a concussion. The poked and prodded my ribs, checking to make sure that none were broken. Then they tended to my cut lip and wrapped my ribs up, just for precaution so they don't a possible fracture. After checking everything, and I do mean everything. They finally left, giving me a prescription for main and faster healing, and took Jason off with them.

He will be under police supervision at the hospital until he wakes up, then taken to get questioned for his side of the story.

Once I was done with the medics, the police decided to ask me some questions. But first they wanted me to tell them what happened for my he beginning, to see if it lined up with Ty's story I guess. And It did.

"Thank you Miss for you time, but can we ask you a few more questions?" The officer, who name I learned is Matthew, asked me.

"Yeah, that's fine" I nodded.

"Are you sure Kota? We can always go in later if you don't feel like answering anything right now" Ty said. He hadn't left my side one time, except when the paramedic's needed him out if the way, but even then he was as close as he could get to me.

"Its fine Ty" I gave him a reassuring smile. Then turned back to the officer and gave him a nod.

"Was this your first Physical encounter with Jason?" The officer asked, making me slightly tense up. He held out his pen and pad, waiting to write down my answer.

"No" I breathed out, looking down at my lap. I felt Ty tense up next to me, and his grip on my hand got slightly tighter.

"When was the first time?" The officer asked, jotting down his notes.

I glanced up at Ty to see him looking at me worriedly, and I just knew he was going to be blaming himself. I didn't want to answer the officer, but I knew Ty would get me to answer later, even if I didn't tell the cop, he would still make me tell him.

I sighed and faced the officer again, who was looking at me, patiently waiting for my answer.

"I know this is going to be hard, Miss. But the more you tell, the more chance we have at locking him away" the officer said gently.

"Two and a half years" I said softly, not daring to look at anyone.

"And how after would you say he would get physical?"the officer asked, looking down at his note pad.

"Whenever really." I shrugged.

"Would you care to elaborate?" The officer asked.

"If he didn't like the way I would do something, or if he had come close to loosing match that day, which he never would actually lose. If he ever was having a bad day, or even if he thought I was cheating on him"

"When you say match, what do you mean?" The officer asked after writing everything down.

"He's a professional kick-boxer, or at least... He's almost one. He was going to get a deal signed with someone before New Years" I said shrugging.

"Thank you Miss, that will be all. I hope you get better, and I hope for the best for you" the officer said politely before leaving, shutting the door on his way out.

Ty got up suddenly and started pacing around, back and forth, back and forth, right in front of me. He was pulling at his hair and mumbling stuff under his breath, I could make out some of what he was saying.

'How could I not have known?' 'I should never have left.' 'I wasn't here to protect her, I broke another promise,' 'this is all my fault.'

I stood up abruptly and grabbed Ty's arms, stopping him from pacing around.

"Ty, this isn't your fault" I told him sternly.

"Kota, sit down. Before you hurt yourself" Ty said in a tired and strained voice, sitting down on the couch and carefully pulling me with him.

"Ty, i'm fine." I told him, but he seemed to start mumbling to himself that it was his fault again. I grabbed his face between my hands, and made him look me in the eye. "Ty. listen to me right now. none of this is your fault," I stressed to him. "stop blaming yourself for something that was out of your control."

"But that's just the thing" he said, grabbing onto my wrist "it was in my control, I should have know as soon as I got back. Or better yet, I should have just stayed here!" he said, mad at himself.

"Ty! it's not your fault, Dammit!" i shouted, trying to stop him from blaming himself, as tears started to form in my eye's. "none. of. it.... is. your. fault"

"I should have been there for you, I should have been here" he say's taking my hands from his face and holding them in his lap.

"Ty, stop blaming yourself" I whisper, as tears escape and start rolling down my cheeks.

"I cant." he sighs "Baby girl, you mean the world to me. i promised to always protect you, to never leave you, or let anyone make you cry" he whispers, bringing his hand up and cupping my cheek. slowly brushing a tear away, as i leaned into his hand. "and now look, i broke all of those promises. i should have never left"

"you left because it was something you needed to do, something you wanted to do. and i don't blame you for anything, not one bit of what happened." told him sternly. "Ty, ever since you were little. Even my mom could tell you were going to go off and do something with the military. Heck, you were only 10 yeas old when you carried me for about a mile through the forest, in your arms, because I couldn't walk back." I said with a smile, earning a slight chuckle from him.

"But I still should have never left" he said.

"If you never left then, you probably would have left later. Or you would have been wondering what it would have been like, what you could have done if you did." I told him, then he thought about it and sighed.

"Your probably right" he conceded.

"Probably?" I raised an eyebrow at him, he looked up and chuckled.

"Whatever." He rolled his eye's at me. Then he looked thoughtful for a second and turned his eye's back to mine. "is he the reason why you stopped writing back?" he asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"Yeah" I whispered, nodding my head. "he's also the reason I never even got over half of your letters"I admitted.

"You never even got half of them?" he asked, angry again.

"Believe it or not, he was jealous of a piece of paper from my best friend" I said laughing lightly, trying to get him to calm down again.

"Yeah, I could see that." he muttered, a small smile on his face. But you could tell he was still pissed. "Dakota," he said my full name, meaning he's serious. "that bruise on your hip, where did you really get it?" I swallowed and looked down at my lap.

"I told you, I got it from a counter top" I shrugged.

"That's not all, is it?" he asked sternly. "Kota, you can tell me. He's gone, he wont be able to hurt you again... you can tell me" He told me softly, yet still stern.

"he got mad at me after a party, saying i was cheating on him. i was trying to calm him down as usual, and..." i looked up at Ty to see his fist clenched, but he was listening intently and closely. "things just got worse from there. i ended up being shoved and i hit the counter top, but he realized he went to far after that and didn't touch me for almost a week" i shrugged.

"When I saw the bruise the first time, it was pretty fresh," he commented and I nodded, he was thinking pretty hard about something. "Kota, the only party I could think of that happened was when I came back." He said slowly.

"Ty, there are other parties-" I tried, but he cut me off.

"This is not that big of town, and it would have been a college party. That's the only party there was before the trip" he told me sternly. "it was my fault wasn't it?" he asked, causing my head to snap up and look at him.

"No." I said, looking him in the eye's.

"Yes it was, I had to of been-" I cut him off this time.

"No" I shook my head agin. "don even try and blame yourself again, nothing was your fault"

He sighed and looked back down, you could see the frustration and anger on his face, all directed at himself and Jason. He carefully picked me up a little and sat me down on his lap, carefully putting his arms around me so they don't hurt my ribs, and burring his face into my neck.

"I'm so sorry, baby girl" he whispered on my neck, bis breath sending chills down my spine as it fanned over me.

"I'm okay Ty." I whispered back, snaking my arms around his torso and cuddling into him.

"I promise to never leave you again, to always be there for you no matter what, to protect you at all cost, to stop anyone from making you cry, and never be the reason you shed any tears" he whispered, promising as he cradled me.

"Even when you get old, have grey hair and can barely walk?" I joked, causing him to chuckle a little.

"Even then Kota, even then"

~

When I woke up, the smell of sizzling Bacon and pancakes tickled my nose. I inhaled deeply as i slowly sat up, then hopped out of bed and made my way to the kitchen where i heard music coming from as well. i smiled when I saw Ty leaning over the stove, flipping pancakes once again and dancing to the music he had playing from his iPod. instead of coming up behind him like i did last time to scare him, i just leaned against the doorway with an amused smile as he danced and played around.

When the pancake was done, he added it to the stack over to the side of the stove. Then he gathered the bacon off the Skillet and plated it, then he turned and went to the fridge. When he shut it he had orange juice in his hand, he turned around on his way to the cabinets and saw me.

A smile lit up his face and he set the orange juice down and cups, then he reached out and gestured for me to grab his hand. I smiled, rolling my eye's, but stuck my hand out to him anyway.

as son as he grabbed my hand, he pulled me against his body and started to twirl me around the room. causing me to laugh in excitement, he was laughing as well, especially when he twirled me away from him, and then twirled me back so i was wrapped up in his arms as the song changed to a more slow tempo. he was very careful the whole time to not jostle my ribs, or do anything that would hurt me.

As we danced, arms still tangled around each other and my back against his chest, I reveled in the feeling of being back in his arms. The safety and warmth it brought me, I felt calm and peaceful.

"Ty?" I asked him.

"Yes, Baby girl?" he murmered.

"Your pancakes are burning again" I giggled.

"Crap" he muttered, then dropped his arms from around me and went to the stove.

I immediately felt the loss of worth from his arms, but I just brushed it off and giggled at Ty, who was fussing over his almost burnt pancakes. After he finished with that, he plated us each some and then we sat down in the living room and ate, while watching some holiday movie's.

After a while of watching movie's, the doorbell rang. I was about to get up when Ty told me not to, saying he'll get it. So as he got up, I realized that I wasn't dressed properly for any guest.

"Be right back Ty, i'm just gonna throw on some clothes" I told him getting up as well.

"You don't have to, it could be no one at the door" he said walking backwards towards the door.

"I still haven't dressed all day, so i'm just gonna go change really quick" I rolled my eye's at him.

"Okay" he smiled, then went to the door.

by the time i got upstair's, i heard murmuring at the door. so i hurried up and threw on one of my old sweatshirts and jeans, re-did my hair in another pony and then checked my reflection. i winced when i saw the already purple finger prints on my neck, and then some of my makeup was wearing off on my face, so my face was stating to look a little off colored too. i got out my special creme to help heal bruises faster and applied some.

When I was done, I touched up my makeup and added some to my neck. Then I sighed, looking at my neck, you could barely notice a thing. I'm surprised Ty didn't say anything about it. At the thought of Ty, I remembered he was down stairs with someone at the door, so I hurriedly finished touching up my neck and then left my room.

Making my way down stairs, I heard Ty talking to someone in hushed voices. When I enter the entry hall, I see Damien standing there talking to Ty. they look up when I enter and smile at me.

"Hey, I heard you had a little trouble yesterday." Damien said, I raised an eyebrow and he explained. "I asked Ty to come over yesterday with me and Matt to hang out, he was gonna come, but then he said he decided to stay with you, I asked why but he didn't want to tell me, just said you were having trouble dealing with a problem." Damien shrugged. I sighed and looked over at Ty who was biting his lip nervously.

"Yeah... I, uh... had troubles with Jason"I said as I wrung my fingers together.

"Oh I'm sorry, did you two break up?" he asked. I looked down, ashamed to tell him. Ty caught this and pulled me to his side.

"You don't have to tell him if you don't want to" Ty said quietly.

"I, I want to... " i sighed.

"Tell me what?" Damien asked confused.

"Ty-" I looked to him, and he got the message.

"He got sent to jail yesterday, on charges of Physical Abuse"Ty said with a clenched jaw, Damien's eye's turned cold and he looked at me.

"He hit you?!"He growled out.

"Oh he did more than just that." Ty laughed darkly. "that Son of a B-" I cut Ty off, placing my hands on his face and making him look at me.

"Ty, he's not here. I'm here though, and i'm fine. Please calm down" I pleaded with him, he sighed and pulled me into his arms, then looked back at Damien.

"He was abusing her for almost 3 years" he ground out.

"3 years?! How did none of us know, especially the twins?" He asked, looking bewildered.

"I'm more upset that, I saw the signs of it from him. And now I'm realizing, I would see her tense up when he was around, or flinch when he would touch her. How could I have not seen it?" Ty asked, sounding so upset.

Damien looked at his best friend, seeing him beat himself up over this, and no doubt in turmoil himself over this. Damien asked how he found out, and listened to the story Ty told. His hands fisted by his sides and anger in his eye's, the whole time he was listening.

"You have no idea, how much, I wanted to beat the life out of him." Ty growled, finishing up with his hands fisted and jaw clenched.

his arms were still around me, so i grabbed his hand and tried to pry it out of a fist. he slowly complied and got his hand to relax, then he intertwined it with mine and pulled me closer, so i was up against him with his forehead resting against mine. his eye's were closed as he tried to control himself and his breathing

"Oh, I have an idea alright." Damien said with furry lacing his voice.

"Guy's, can we talk about something else now?" I asked, breaking the silence after a few minutes. "or better yet, let's go eat"I said, looking up at Ty who finally calmed down. He smiled down at me amused.

"We just ate 3 hours ago, Kota" he chuckled.

"True..." I mumbled, thinking about the pancakes and bacon.

"I was just messing with you, we can go eat if your hungry" Ty said rolling his eye's.

"No, no. let's go do something first, your right, we just ate" I told him. Thinking about how I looked in the dressing room a month ago, I didn't even want to look at myself. I'm no sight-for-sore-eye's.

"Kota" Ty said frowning, grabbing my chin to look at him. "you're not saying that because of Jason are you?" he asked me in a serious tone.

"Well, he had a point-" I was cut off.

"He had no point." He growled "he just wanted to make you feel down about yourself" he told, then put a serious face on. "you have nothing to be ashamed of."

"He's right, you have a smoking body" Damien chimed in, giving me a smile and a once over.

"No, I don't" I crossed my arms over my stomach self-consciously.

"Just because you have curves doesn't mean your fat" Damien countered, raising an eyebrow a me.

"I would appreciate it, if you didn't check out my best friend" Ty said to Damien, who put his hands up in surrender. "but he's right. it's not bad for a girl to actually have a Butt or chest. heck, its better than most the walking sticks people see around here anyway! that's probably why he would say that, so you wouldn't go find someone else, or cheat on him. so you would be self-conscious"

"I don't know-" Ty put his hand over my mouth.

"Dakota" and here's the seriousness again "Have I ever lied to you?" he asked, i shook my head. "do you think i would lie to you now?" he asked, i shook my head again. "then trust me when i say, you have nothing... Nothing! to be ashamed of" i nodded my head and looked down, he grabbed my chin and made me look up again. "Now, let's go eat. because I know for a fact, that you are indeed hungry" he said smiling.

"Really, we don't-" as if to stop my protesting, my stomach growled.

"You were saying?" Damien and Ty quirked an eyebrow at me, making me roll my eye's.

"Fine, let's go eat" I said, making them smile.

"Right, so I was thinking hooters...." Ty smacked the back of Damien's head. "ow! Okay, all right. No hooters!" he said covering his head.

"Let's go to Momma Jean's" Ty suggested.

"You remember my favorite restaurant still?" I asked him, causing him to smile down at me.

"I remember everything about you"

____________________________________________________________

Yay!! another chapter!!:D

let me know what you guy's think!! the next chapter will be more!! and better!:D

What did you guy's think of Ty's and Kota's moments?

What do you guy's suppose will happen in the next chapter?

Are you liking the story so far? Am I going to fast?

let me know!!! will be posting asap:D

-KenZ_Dizzy95