Chapter one

Hey guys, well this is the first chapter of this story! I hope you like it. :) Also I've gotten a lot of cover entries and I can't decide between any of them because they're all good! So I put them on my facebook fan page 'Kaminicolino books' go vote for you facorite ones and help me out! I'll wait about a week before I choose the winnner. Feel free to message me if you want to send in your own cover to enter. :) And vote and comment. Please and thank you. :))

Chapter one

I inhaled on the joint that I had just lit and sat down on the porch before exhaling and watching the smoke swirl around in the summer breeze.

School had ended yesterday which means after the summer I was officially a senior.

I took another drag and blew the smoke out again. It filled the air with the bitter smell of marijuana.

I considered walking a few feet away so mom had no chance of smelling it. She was a dancer and thought that your body should be healthy and not polluted with drugs. She didn't even drink much because she'd had a few 'crazy experiences' when she was younger. Of course dad agreed with her most of the time, he was just 'that in love' with her.

Love is bullshit. There's no such thing. No matter how happy mom and dad seemed I refused to believe that true love existed.

I mean mom almost missed out on marrying dad. I mean mom almost missed out on marrying dad. They broke up a few times and apparently almost get back together. They never elaborated though; it was almost as if they didn’t like to talk about it.

I hadn't joined my family at the vacation house for the last two summers because I'd gotten bored of the whole thing, and I'd gotten myself some new friends. They took me to parties and let me have fun with all the illegal substances they could get ahold of. Those were some fun summers.

Ian usually bitched at me whenever he knew I'd had something. I think he think's because we're twins he can tell me what to do.

The door opened and I quickly turned my head to see the favorite twin himself walk out the door carrying his suitcase.

Speak of the devil and he shall appear.

"Are you asking for mom and dad to catch you smoking?" He said setting down the suitcases. "Because if you are why not walk right up to them with your favorite pipe and wave it in their faces?" He snatched what was left of my joint from my hands and threw it on the ground before squishing it with his foot.

"I wasn't done with that." I said lazily.

"Well now you are." He snapped. He lifted the suitcases up again before sighing and looking down at me. "Are you going to put your stuff in the car, or skip out last minute like you did last time?"

"My stuff has been in the car for an hour, why do you think I'm outside smoking?" I said with heavy sarcasm. He rolled his eyes and started down the stairs. "Plus I wouldn't miss this summer for anything. No parents." I smirked.

The twins, Trey and Jace, had managed to convince our parents that we were all old enough to stay there alone for the summer. Only the teenagers were allowed to go.

Our parents decided if we were above the age of fifteen that you could go. That surprised me, that they were letting us go all the way to Hawaii and stay there by ourselves. But I wasn't about to complain. Ian and I were seventeen, and Zoey was fifteen which means that she got to go, but I refused to look after her the whole time.

Trey and Jace were going and they were basically in charge because they were eighteen. But their sister Rose had to stay home because she was eleven.