Chapter seven

I got another update! Woo! No promises on another one until after I get back from vacation though, which is on Saturday. So maybe Monday or something? I'm going to try and update Boarding School For Hotties. 

But enjoy this chapter! Vote or comment to let me know how you liked it!

Chapter seven

I raced inside after Trey and caught his arm before he could make it up the stairs. “Hey!” I yelled. “What’s wrong?”

“Like you don’t know,” He sneered.

“I don’t,” I shot back. “Do you mind enlightening me?”

“You go around flirting with me and then later you go flirt with my brother.” He said as if I should’ve already known.

I stared at him incredulously. “I was an idiot and the edge of my jeans caught a spark,” I said pointing to the small charred mark. “I started falling and he tried to catch me.”

“Sure,” Trey said sounding as if he didn’t believe me.

“Ok, let me get this straight, you’re jealous and you’re yelling at me even though I’ve done nothing wrong?” I said throwing my arms up.

“Lissa…” He said exasperated. “I know we’re twins but is it really that hard to get us mixed up?” He said with the ghost of a sarcastic smile plastered across his face.

I shook my head at him. “You’re being ridiculous. I haven’t been flirting with either of you, and even if I was flirting with your brother, which I wasn’t, it wouldn’t be any of your business.”

“He’s my brother; it’d still be my business.”

“You’d have no right to be pissed off about it,” I said glaring at him.

“I-“                                     

“No!” I said cutting him off. “You know what? This whole conversation is stupid and pointless. I wasn’t flirting with Jace and I haven’t been flirting with you.”

“You haven’t?” Jace said leaning against the door frame.

How long had he been standing there?

“No, I haven’t,” I snapped. “I’m sorry if being nice is considered flirting to you guys,” I said before angrily stomping up the stairs to my room and slamming the door behind me.

I let myself flop down on my bed before I groaned.

They are so stupid sometimes, I swear.

I’ll admit they’re both attractive, incredibly attractive even, but that didn’t mean I had to like one of them.

I’ll admit when I was younger I’d had a crush on Trey. He walked around like he knew everything and we all practically worshipped him. He was ‘the leader’ of the small group the boys had formed and he was adorable even back then. Both of the twins had always been good looking. I had once given Trey a gift and my brother accused me of liking him as more than a friend. Soon enough all three of them made fun of me for it and that was the end of that crush. Part of me had forced myself to stop liking Trey and another part of me had actually been clearly upset with how he had reacted. How they all had reacted actually.

Would it really be horrible if I did like one of them?

Why was it always such a huge deal?

Did they think it was weird because we’d grown up together? Or was something wrong with me?