Chapter sixteen

Sorry it's been so long. I've been busy lately because I've been chosen to direct a play I wrote again this year for my schools dramafest! So i've been working on that and my soccer team just won the state champianships for rec soccer and I've been working. Not too mention I've had huge writers block. This chapter isn't too fantastic but it's the best I could come up with. Sorry it's short also.

Comment and vote so I can know your thoughts!

Chapter sixteen

He continued leaning closer and I felt my eyes flutter shut.

The door swung open and Jace and I sprang apart. Trey stopped mid step and looked between both of us.

I quickly shoved some of my hair behind my ear as Trey glared at us. “Sorry for disturbing you, I’ll come back later.” He walked back out the door and slammed it behind him.

I got up and sprinted out the door after him. “Trey,” I said catching his arm. He tried to pull away from me so I grabbed his arm with both hands. “Trey, stop.”

“No, go ahead and go back and continue what you were doing. Don’t let me stop you,” he snapped.

“We weren’t doing anything,” I sighed.

“Really? That’s not what it looked like to me.”

“You sound jealous,” I smirked while crossing my arms.

“Of course I’m jealous!” He laughed. “I had you first, and it’s not like he’s more attractive I mean we’re twins for god’s sake.”

“I’m not a toy,” I snapped at him starting to get angry. He shook his head and sighed. “Are we gonna end up like our parents?” I asked quietly.

“I don’t know. Are you going to string one of us along like your mom did?”

My hand shot out and slapped him across the face before I had even considered what I was doing. “Do not compare me to my mother,” I said through gritted teeth.

“Then don’t follow in her footsteps,” he shot back.

“Don’t be so bitter like your father!” I shouted.

Jace opened the door and walked outside looking weary. “What’s all the shouting about?”

“Nothing!” I said.

“What do you think?” Trey sneered. I shook my head before stomping down the stairs. “Where are you going?” Trey called after me. “We were having a conversation!”

“Well now we’re not!” I yelled back at him.

I stomped down the stairs not even bothering to look back over my shoulder at either of the twins.

This whole thing is unbelievably ridiculous. I have stated, more times than I can count, that I’m not interested in a relationship. Yet, both of them continue to pursue me. Why? I’m not special or extraordinary. If anything I’m more messed up then people should be. Why would anyone willing attach themselves to me?

Not to mention why can’t I just leave both of them alone? As soon as one of them makes a move my mind goes blank and I’m not sure what to do. I mean, they’re twins. One isn’t better looking the other. If I were to put aside my problems with having relationship I should choose the one with the better attitude. The one that treats me better and makes me feel good about myself.

Now I just have to decide which one that is.

***************

I was sitting in the front yard sketching while the sun warmed my bare feet that were resting in the grass when the door burst open and Ian shot out of the house towards the cars.