Chapter nineteen

Guys this is the chapter of all chapters.

Not really but I hope you all like it! Let me know your thoughts in the comments and votes!!

Thanks! Enjoy!

Chapter nineteen

“I know it sounds ridiculous,” he laughed clawing a hand through his hair. “But I’ve never been in love with someone. I’ve never felt this way about someone. I know this whole thing started out as us just goofing around and having fun but somewhere along the way I started falling for you. Maybe I always had feelings for you but I didn’t know that I would ever feel this strongly about anyone. When we fight I feel sick to my stomach, when you laugh it lights up my whole day. I want nothing more than to make you happy. When you’re sad I just want to hold you and make all the pain go away. I want to be the reason you smile and the reason why you get that sparkle in your eyes. When I see you with Jace…it feels like someone is stabbing me and I can’t stand it.”

“Trey-“ I started but he cut me off.

“If you’re going to say something that might shatter my heart…don’t try and sugar coat it. Please, Just tell me,” he begged.

“I can’t…I don’t know,” I stuttered. “It’s just a lot to take in.” I shook my head and he reached for me but I backed away from him. I opened and closed my mouth but I just shook my head before turning around and running up the stairs.

I slammed my door and slid down the wall before putting my head in my hands.

I thought it was Jace, just because I’d seen a flash of green, but I’d been wrong. Now that I know it was Trey and not Jace, should I change my mind?

I think Trey expects me to change my mind. But should I?

I don’t think the question is who saved me, but who I like better. Who will make me the better person? Who will treat me better? Who do I want to be with?

I heard a car door slam outside and I slowly walked to the window. Ian walked into the backyard with a girl. I squinted my eyes at them to try and get a better look. The girl had a pixie cut with bright red hair, she was small and skinny and very much reminded me of a fairy.

She must be the girl he’d been seeing. I think he said her name was Ellie.

They were laughing and she put her hand on his arm when she laughed harder. They walked over to two of the poolside chairs and sat down, still smiling at each other.

I felt a twinge of jealousy at how happy and carefree they looked in that moment.

There was a knock at the door and I jumped. Jace poked his head in the door. “Hey,” he whispered. “I thought you were coming back to my room.” I looked down at the ground not answering him. “Is something wrong?” He asked scrunching his eyebrows.

“I just…it wasn’t you who saved me from the fire…was it?”

He shook his head at me. “No…I never said it was.”

“I just…thought I saw you.”

A look of realization dawned on him. “That’s why you let me take you out on a date…isn’t it?”

“I guess,” I mumbled too ashamed to actually look him in the eye.

“So what are you going to do now?” He asked crossing his arms.

“Honestly? I don’t know,” I said shaking my head.

“Which one of us do you like better?”