Chapter eleven

Wow guys I am so sorry for not updating in forever. I literally have no free time. I'm either at work, soccer, musical rehearsal, school, or I have to do homework or eat or sleep. I've already started the next chapter though so hopefully it won't take so long this time. Sorry guys!

Comment and vote to let me know what you think!

Chapter eleven

Both Zalee and Zoey looked at me with shocked faces. “Seriously,” I continued. “Was anybody ever going to tell me?”

They both gave each other uneasy looks before Zalee looked back at me. “Lianne didn’t want anyone to know.”

“You guys both knew,” I pointed out.

“Well yeah…but we’re her close friends.” Zoey said hesitantly.

I must have had some offended look on my face because Zalee jumped in. “She just didn’t want you guys to know because…you’re all older and she was afraid you guys would make fun off her…not so much you! More of the guys. Guys tend to overreact about stuff like that,” she clarified.

“I would never…I would never make fun of her for something like this,” I said slightly offended.

“I don’t think she thought you would,” Zalee continued. “She just doesn’t want a lot of people to know. She thinks her parents might not approve.”

“Kalina and Brad?” I said shocked. “They’re some of the most laid back parents I know…besides your dad,” I said grinning at Zalee. She opened her mouth to protest but I stopped her. “When you were thirteen he let you go crowd surfing.”

“That was one time…and mom was so pissed when I came home with scrapes all over my face because I got dropped.”

“What kind of people drop a thirteen year old?” Zoey laughed.

“Anyway,” I said attempting to get back on topic. “Her parents won’t care, and I doubt the guys will either, everyone should respect her choices.”

“I don’t think it’s that easy,” Zoey said.

Lianne opened the door slowly and wouldn’t meet my eyes. She was wringing her hands and looked as if she might cry. “Please don’t tell anyone,” She whispered. “Alex left…and I won’t invite her over again if it makes you feel weird.”

“Lianne,” I said walking towards her and pulling her into my arms so I could hug her. “I would never judge you for what gender you prefer, and I would love if you would invite Alex over for dinner sometime or just to come with us all to the beach, I would love to meet her,” I said smiling as we pulled away. “She’s very pretty…you have nice taste in girls,” I said causing everyone else to laugh.

“Really?”

“Really…but I do think you should tell the guys,” I said hesitantly hoping she wouldn’t freak out or get mad.

“I don’t want them to make fun of me,” she said quietly.

“They won’t…and if they do, you have my permission to slap them in the face…all three of them.”

She laughed again. “Will you come with me?” She asked looking at me before looking at Zoey and Zalee. “All of you?”

Half an hour later I was sitting on the couch with Zalee pretending to be interested in Vogue magazine while we waited for Lianne.

Ian was cooking dinner which was Mac and Cheese, which we seemed to be having a lot lately. Trey and Jace were tossing a plate to each other across the table because they’d gotten bored with setting all of the plates and silverware out.