Chapter Sixteen "Wrong Moves"

Liam's POV

I've had one or two drinks too much. My walk was all wobbly, my diction beyond terrible and I'd not yet realized that I was way too drunk to still be drinking.

Since Harry was too busy making googly eyes with Louis all night - which I was not complaining about! He deserved it - there was no one to look after me and prevent me from doing something stupid.

It had all gone so far so good. I had danced a little, talked to some very nice people - as much as my abilities still allowed me to -, gone to the toilet in ever so slightly diminishing intervals. Nothing too unusual. But I was a ticking time bomb. I could do something crackbrained at any time.

After Harry's speech I'd been very eager to talk to Zayn. I'd been encouraged by him. Why? I didn't really know. I didn't love Zayn. I'd never seen him eat spaghetti, he never really made that many jokes and of he did, they weren't stupid, they were usually pretty good.

What was I talking about...?

Right. Talking to Zayn.

I was sure he was avoiding me. I'd seen him a couple of times already and he was always gone when I reached him.

I saw my chance when I spotted him walking into a room behind the kitchen. I followed him hurriedly and shut the door behind me. "Don't worry. It's just me.", I babbled, using the door to support me.

"All the more reason to worry.", he snapped and slammed a cupboard shut. "What do you want, Liam?"

"I wanted to see you."

He rolled his eyes and started to mind his own business again, arranging things in the counter. "Well, here I am. Is that enough?"

I shook my head. "No.", I added when I realized he didn't see me. "I need to talk to you."

"You are talking."

"It's important."

"Then you should better do it when you're sober, don't you think?" He was terribly annoyed by me, but pissed as I was I obviously didn't notice.

"Whatever.", I mumbled, slowly starting to wobble towards him. He took a few steps aside to avoid me but I followed.

Zayn's POV

He was coming closer. My heart was racing. This was why I'd been avoiding him all night. I didn't want him to ruin my evening. I was here to have fun and celebrate, not drown myself in pity.

"If you have nothing to say I would appreciate it if you would let me go back to my party." I tried to push past him but he grabbed my arm and spun me around.

"Please, let me go. I really don't want to deal with this now." Why did I tell Louis to invite him?!

He smiled. Stop smiling! I loved his smile. And at the same time I hated it. I hated how it made me feel.

"I've missed you.", he mumbled, letting his body fall against mine, causing me to slam into the wall behind me.

I pushed him away from me. "Liam, you're drunk."

"So what?" He nuzzled his face in my neck and ran his tongue over my skin, up to my ear.

I shuddered and tried to pull away. This was so wrong. Regardless of how good it felt, it was just not right. This was not how it should happen.

"C'mon, babe. Gimme a kiss." He pressed his moist lips to my cheek, giggling as he did so.

"Liam!", I insisted. "Please..."

"What?", he hissed seductively, letting his hands slide down my back and grabbed my bum, sternly.

That's it! Enough was enough! I brought my hand back and slapped him right across the face, bringing him to stumble away from me. He dropped to the floor, pressing his hand to his now reddened cheek. I looked at him, startled. I didn't slap him that hard.

He stared at the floor, clutching his stomach, mumbling something I couldn't understand. He took slow, shaky breaths and his hands were trembling, as he brought them up to his face, to bury them in his hair.

My hand hurt from when I slapped him and I felt so many things raging up inside of me.

Anger.

Confusion.

My breathing turned erratic. My heart rate increased drastically. My stomach flipped. I was a walking bundle of nervousness and rage and...lust?

I had to get out of there!