Shaylor: Fuck Cancer

Taylor's POV

I held Shawn's hand in my mine as he laid in the hospital bed. "I'm so tired of fighting Taylor" Shawn said weakly. It's been a long year of Shawn fighting prostate cancer.

Just when we thought it was gone it showed right back up, but this time in his brain. "You can do it Shawn" I say kissing his hand.

"I can't, and I don't wanna leave you behind but the cancer has just worn me out" Shawn cried, lips trembling. I knew his day was coming, but i didn't think so soon.

"Let's just forget about it right now, and remember the good times. Like the day you finally said yes to going on a date" I say. Shawn smiles weakly at me.

"Best thing I ever did was fall in love with you" Shawn said. "I-I'm scared Shawn" I stutter.

"I don't wanna lose you, your my best friend. I'm gonna have no one. Everyone walked out my life" I start to cry more.

"I-I wish I could just get better. I don't wanna leave you" Shawn looks at me. I stand up and motion for Shawn to scoot over. I slid into the bed next to Shawn and cradle him in my arms.

This might be the last time I get to hold him in my arms.

The doctor walked in.

"Ok we are gonna take him back for surgery. As y'all know this is a very, very dangerous surgery. We will do our best to keep you safe" The doctor turns to Shawn.

"Can we get some privacy real quick?" Shawn asks voice shakey. The doctor nods and walks out.

I kiss Shawn's lips softly and rested my forehead against him. "I love you so so much" I speak tears falling from my eyes. "I love you too" Shawn voice trembles.

"Please Shawn don't leave me today I need you" I break down. Shawn body shakes from his crying. "I promise you I'll try my best to make it out of the surgery" Shawn says.

I kiss his lips one more savoring the way they felt against my lips.

"It's time" The doctor walked in. I nodded and got out of the bed. I kissed Shawn once more. "I love you" I whisper against his lips.

"I love you too" Shawn says before getting rolled away.

I sat in the chair and just broke down. Tears streamed down my face and my body shook with each sob. I can't fucking lose him, I just can't.

-----
Couple hours later

I've sat in this chairs for hours dwelling about if Shawn was coming out of that surgery or not. I have a sick feeling in my stomach.

The door opened and the doctor walked in. I stood up and walked over to him. "H-How did it go?" I ask voice trembling. The doctor gave me a sad look, oh god please don't.

"Shawn died durin-" I cut him off.
Those three words shot through my heart like a bunch of bullets.

"Oh god please" I cried. "I'm not finished" the doctor said. "He passed away but we brought him back. We manage to get the tumor out of his brain. If the cancer will come back we are not sure. Shawn needs a lot of recovery, so your not able to see him right now" The doctor explained.

A sense of relief washed over me, but I still was nervous. "O-ok" I stutter. The doctor nods and walks out.

"Oh god, thank you so much" I say to the sky. "Thank you for not taking my baby boy" I say.

This right here makes me believe in miracles.

----
Two weeks later

It took Shawn two weeks to heal, but he still couldn't come home, but I could finally visit him. I haven't seen my baby in two weeks I'm so excited.

I walked into Shawn's room. He laid in bed with his grey beanie he always wore sense his hair had fallen out. Shawn looked at me when I walked in.

He looked so weak and tired. Almost made my cry.

"Hey baby" I walk straight to him. Shawn smiled at me weakly. "Hey Tay" I missed his voice.

I took the chair from the corner of the room and brought it by the bed.

Shawn just started crying, I don't know he just started balling his eyes out.

"What's wrong?" I asked hugging him gently. "I-I made it, and I'm just really happy these are happy tears" Shawn cried. I smiled at him.

"I knew you could, your strong Shawn" I grab his hand.

"Let's just hope it doesn't come back" Shawn wipes the stray tears.

Fuck cancer for almost taking my world away.