Is Your Story Worth It?

Guess who wrote another inspirational chapter for you? That's right: me! You might think that I'm basically repeating the same things over and over again but I personally think that these kinds of chapters are really important. The reason is that while I have heard from countless readers that this story inspired them to write again, I also realize that the intimidation that comes with writing a good novel can also make aspiring writers not want to anymore. I don't want to be responsible for that and that is why this chapter exists.

The thing in question is: is your story worth it? 

In all honesty,  I think every story is worth it. And I don't say that to make you feel better about yourself or to have some cheesy chapter thrown into the mix; I really mean it. Even if your story is the exact definition of all the things I have told you not to do combined, I still think it has the potential to be better. If I really thought that those issues were unfixable, I wouldn't talk about them. Your story is not beyond hope; there are always ways to improve it, bit by bit.

Sure, it will take time. But all stories, even the best ones, have their imperfections. I have chapters dedicated to helping you get through that revision process because I know most people find it to be incredibly taxing. Check them out sometime; you may find that they help you.

I also have this chapter because for some people, they never plan to publish. That's all right, too. If you are writing for your own enjoyment, that is what counts. The reason some of my chapters are so critical is because I assume that most of the people who are reading this book really want some help to improve. But other times some people just read because they find it interesting and probably won't use most of my tips, anyway. For those people, I don't want to discourage you from writing just because you think your story isn't on par. Like I said, if you are having fun, my opinion doesn't matter.

In conclusion, every story is fixable and you should never quit unless you truly don't want to write the story anymore. It is my greatest hope that you will finish this book with confidence and determination, not the intent to press the "delete" button and log out for good. Thanks so much for reading. You guys are my world and I wish you luck with all of your stories, no matter what they are.