PROLOUGUE

I was suggested that I should do the prolougue...... I loved writing it..... hope you will love reading it too. Please vote and comment ..... :)

'Look at me!' His hands had grabbed my face - they felt slippery against my skin. It made me shiver. I never liked the sight of blood and today I saw it all and I felt it all. At one point I even tasted it all.

'I will tell you this once and only once.' He said through his clenched teeth. He was in pain, I knew it. 'You will get up now and you will turn around.'

'No...'

He shook his head, his eyes shut, 'and then you will run. Do you hear me?'

'No.' I howled. 'No!'

'No - you don't hear me, or no - you will not run?'

'I cannot leave you here. I will not.'

'Liliana...'

'Please don't make me, please don't. I beg of you.'

'Liliana,' he said much too sweetly now. He rested his head against my forehead and then listened to my crying. 'We don't have much time. You must go!' Suddenly he groaned and then fell on his knees, taking me down with him. His left shoulder was split in two as was his right hip and his left thigh. He was bleeding everywhere. I have never seen so much blood before. My wails had worsened. I became quite hysterical.

'Please, Lil, just go. I will not see you get hurt. I cannot.'

'You will not see me at all if I leave now. Ever.' I begged him through my tear fog. He chuckled. Chuckled! Now of all times. The man was a wonder of the world.

'You are talking to the Alpha.' He placed his lips across my forehead. 'It is not that easy to defeat me.'

'You are injured already.'

'Nothing serious.' He was so shit at lying that it nearly made me smile. 'Do this for me, please, Lil. Do this for me. I promise I will see you soon.'

'They will kill you.' I smoothed his locks away from his beautiful face. He groaned at my touch and closed his eyes, blissful satisfaction washing over his face. It was so obvious and it made me so very happy that I had such an effect on him that it would have made me cry had I not been crying already.

'I love it when you do that.' He told me, smiling sadly. As if guessing that he would never again feel my touch. He brought my face down and first licked his lips then sealed them against my mouth. He was everything I had imagined he would be and so much more. He was my mate, my life, my other half. He was my everything. We broke apart too soon. Shuttering sounds from the depth of the forest alerted his senses and he pushed me away and then on my feet.

'Run now! Run!' He said, clutching to his shoulder. 'I will be fine, I give you my word. Besides, others will be here soon.'

'But...'

Still on his knees he grabbed my hands and pulled me to him one last time. Then he buried his face in my stomach as I slid my fingers through his thick hair.

'Alex?' He just groaned. 'I love you.' His groan deepened. 'You told me not to, but...'

'I love you too.' He cut me short and a strange sound - a mixture of tears, laughter and a cough - had left my throat. 'Have I told you before?'

'You did.'

'I don't remember.'

I squeezed my eyes shut at his vulnerable voice. Seeing him so defenseless was as rare as seeing a snow in August. It was unearthly and it was breathtaking.

'I know you don't.'

'My wolf does though.'

'I know he does.'

'He will always remember you.'

'Please don't talk like that.'

'Liliana?'

'What?'

He looked up at me and my entire world had come crushing down on me when I saw his watery eyes. 'It's impossible not to love you. Even for someone like me.' He tapped his temple and smiled.

That was it, I decided - that smile. I was not ready to lose that smile, not now not ever. I would rather die here in this dark forest together with him than live the rest of my life without that smile - that wicked twist of his perfectly shaped lips.

I sank on my knees and melted against his tired body. He did not protest.

'I am here, my love.' I soothed him, becoming braver each minute as I felt his arms around me tightening. 'I am with you, Alex. And I love you.' I kissed his neck and then his cheek and then buried my face in his neckline.

'Liliana?'

'What, baby?'

'I see you.'

The noises had died down around us. It was not because it was our lucky day. It was because the attackers had left the forest and were now enclosing on us. They were many, so many in fact that I could hardly distinguish the stars from their sparkling eyes that lit the field.

With a pathetic whimper I pulled Alexander closer to me in a protective manner and whispered into his ear, 'I see you. Always. Forever. Just you. Only you.'