12. Camping (Part 2)

It had been a few weeks since the camping trip. Nico had told you that he had had an amazing time, and you had responded with a similar answer.

Ever since you had gone back to Camp Half-Blood though, you didn't see Nico as often. Every time you did though, you would be reminded by that tragic moment when you two could've been something more. A missed opportunity.

Your friendship was slowly cracking.
So you decided to do something about it.

"How have you been?" You asked, creeping up on him one night. He seemed surprised to see you. You sat down next to him, facing Zephyros Creek.

"Um, well. You?" The conversation was a little stiff.

"Same. So there was something I wanted to tell you..."

"Are you sure?" Nico interrupted. "Last time I tried to tell someone close to me something, it ended up breaking my heart."

You looked away. "Nico, I don't know what you wanted to say that day, nor what made you keep it in, but I won't make that same mistake."

"You mean the world to me, and I was hoping we could be something more." You shivered. It was a relief to get that off your shoulders. 

Nico's mouth dropped open. You sit silently, waiting for a reply.

A smile spread over Nico's face and he blushed. He stood up, offering a hand to you. He gripped your hand and pulled you up, and you could feel the strength coming from his body. His hands lingered near yours, intertwining your fingers with his. The warm was radiating off of him and felt wonderful in the cool breeze of the night. Nico was taller than you, and you had to look up at him. His dark eyes were filled with emotion.

"Y/N, I think I've always known that I was a little bit in love with you. You've always just been my best friend, but that's what I love. You're my friend because you possess all these amazing qualities, and just...wow." Nico breathed, looking at you. You reddened. 

"Thank you, that's so sweet." Nico brushed your warm cheeks with his lips, leaving you with the urge for more.

Haha, part 2 by popular request :) I don't like sad endings, so that's why I did this. I also don't like writing about self-harm, but that's a totally unrelated subject (but it's categorized under things I will not write about). 

Thank you all for your support <3. Now I need to start my 30 page paper :(. Sucks because this is for a competition that I basically know nothing about. Wish me luck!