Chapter One

Meeting the Ducks

Immy's P.O.V

As always on the typical Sunday, I was home alone. You see, my parents are always working and I can never spend any time with them. I love them and all but sometimes I wish they were normal. I always hear kids at my school complaining about 'family nights' or how their parents won't let them go to some stupid party; but they don't even know how lucky they are to have parents that are around to care about their wellbeing.

My thoughts are interrupted by clatter coming from outside. I look out my window to see 4 boys, around my age, wearing pads and skates. Why were they in my yard? I have no bloody idea.

There was one boy in particular that really caught my eye. He had light-brown/dirty blonde hair, blue eyes and was quite tall. Well, anyone would be 'quite tall' compared to my small ass. 5ft 3 isn't a height to be proud of.

They were on our front lawn stumbling all over the perfect green grass. My Dad is one of those guys where he loves his house more than his family, and what those boys were doing to his beloved grass, it's not going to come out good for me. 

Getting extremely annoyed at the 4 douche bags, I opened the front door and walked down the porch to question them.

"What the hell are you guys doing?!" 

A boy I guess is the leader of the group (because of the C on his jersey) spoke up. "These.. guys.. got pissed at us..and..-"

He was interrupted when a group of boys came running from around the corner, "THERE THEY ARE! GET EM'."

"Please lady you gotta let us in, just for a little bit! Who knows what those goons could do to us!" A chubby guy pleaded on his knees, puffing. They all looked at me with fear shown in their eyes and it made me chuckle. I looked over at the guy with amazing eyes and couldn't stop thinking about how attractive he is. 

I hesitated, but let them in any way and locked the door so the "goons" couldn't get in. I look out the window once again to make sure they weren't killing the beloved grass.

"YOU WON'T GET AWAY WITH THIS YOU LITTLE BRATS!" An angry boy yelled before stomping away with the rest of his posey.

I awkwardly turn around to the 4 random boys I invited into my house. They stood in front of me, trying to avoid eye contact. I looked over at blue eyes once again, but this time I examined his features. (And yes I called him blue eyes, I mean what else am I going to call him? I don't know his name!) Who knew a boy could be so pretty? I blush as he faces towards me, oh god I hope he doesn't think I'm a weirdo.

"Soo... what the heck did you guys do to set them off like that?" I asked chuckling, trying to break the awkward silence. 

"It's a long story..." Shaggy huffed while rubbing the back of his neck in embarrassment. (Yes, I may have come up with names for all of them, I'm strange like that.) 

"Please tell, I have nothing better to do. But first what are your names? I haven't seen you guys around before," I asked as I sit down on the couch.

I motioned them to sit down and Shaggy smiled. 

Charming, really. 

"Well, I'm Charlie Conway, that there is Greg Goldberg, but you can just call him Goldberg. This here is Adam Banks, and this is Fulton Reed. What's your name?"

Huh, blue eyes has a nice name. 

"Well my name is Imogen Walsh, but you guys can just call me Immy. Where are you guys from?" I smile.