Chapter Two

Close call

Immy's P.O.V

When we arrived in the centre of the rink Charlie took it upon himself to introduce me to their team. "Guys, may I have your attention! This is Immy, she saved our asses earlier today. Immy, these are the Ducks." He said smiling with a cheesy grin.

"This here is Dean Portman, Julie "the cat" Gaffney, these two here are Connie Moreau and Lester Averman, cowboy's name is Dwayn Robertson. Next to him is Luis Mendoza and Kenny Wu, on his right we have Guy Germaine. Last but not least, Coach Gordan Bombay." Adam finished off with a breath of air, I laughed at his dorkiness.

"Well it's nice to meet you Dean Portman, Julie "the cat" Gaffney, Connie Moreau and Lester Averman, cowboy Dwayn Robertson, Luis Mendoza and Kenny Wu, Guy Germaine and Coach Gordan Bombay" I finished off with a smirk.

Everyone looked at me impressed with my amazing memory. "That's impressive. It's nice to meet you too, Immy. So! Have you ever played hockey before?"

"Well I have played a couple of games, but that was a while ago. I can skate at least." I chuckled.

"Great! What position did they put you in?" Coach said looking down at me because of how small I was.

"I played right defence." I grinned. I never really liked scoring the goals, I'm more of a goal stealer.

"Defense huh? Nice." Adam said, I slightly blushed hoping no one saw.

"And about how many goals did you stop from getting to the goalie," Dean interrogated, not really liking that a stranger is going to play hockey with them. I mean, I wouldn't either, especially if they were really bad.

I looked at them all and pursed my lips, "I..you know -all of them. But I'll let you know I was only 11 or 12, so I'm sure the game has changed now!" I rush out, not trying to make it out that I'm in any position to play on an international level team. The last I want for them is to think that I'm a stuck up brat.

They looked at me as if I had just killed someone until Goldberg spoke up. "So uh yeah she can be on my team."

I laughed at Goldberg's eagerness. Adam signalled everyone to gather around Coach Bombay. They were whispering in hushed voices and would occasionally look towards me as I stood there awkwardly waiting for them to finish talking.

Finally, Coach Bombay broke away from the huddle. "Alright, alright just wait, then I'll see." He skated back over towards me and same with the others, he clapped his hands together to get everyone's attention. "ALRIGHT! WHO'S READY TO PLAY SOME HOCKEY?!"

"YEAH!" We all yelled at the same time. Coach Bombay gave me an extra pair of skates so I didn't have to rent the smelly ones from the front office, and also gave me a hockey stick. After thanking him, I stood along with the rest of the group. Julie and Connie came up to each side of me.

"Hey Julie, Connie, ready to play?!" I said excited, I remember how much I loved playing hockey, I can't remember why I stopped though. I guess it had to do with not having parents to accompany me to my games.

Connie looked at me with a smile, as well as Julie. "You know I like you, you're my new bestie."

"Same here!" Replied Julie. I smiled widely at them both and then listened to what Bombay was saying to the others. "Alright, we're going to have two captains. Charlie and Adam, come up here and we will flip a coin for who gets to pick the first player, got it?"

"Yep." They said back in sink.

"Alright, Adam. Heads or tails?"

Adams P.O.V