Chapter Seven

Captain blood part 2

Immy's P.O.V

Coach blows his whistle and we all start sprinting laps. Up and down, up and down. My legs feel like jelly and I'm running out of breath. I'm not so sure how long he has kept us back but it has to be close to 2, maybe 3 hours.

He blows his whistle once more and we all take a knee. Adam comes up kneels down next to be, puffing. Charlie takes his helmet off and skates next to coach. 

"This isn't very much fun coach." He pants, putting his hands on his knees trying to gain his breath back.

"Who said it was supposed to be fun?"

Charlie straightens up, "You did, when you coached the ducks." He says trying to remind the man that stands before him. I haven't even been here that long and I already know how much Charlie looks up to coach Bombay as a father figure. Right now, he isn't doing a very good job.

"I don't see any Ducks here Charlie. All I see is Team USA, one loss away from elimination."

"What has gotten into him?" I mumble to Adam. He looks down at me and shakes his head, "I'm not sure. But my theory is that it's his evil twin and the real coach is tied up somewhere in a basement."

I laugh and shove him playfully. Even in a crisis he still tries to lighten the mood.

"20 more sprints, let's go! I'll keep you here all night if I have to!" Coach yells.

----

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock beeping and two groaning girls. 

"Whyyyy does school have to be so earlyyyyy!" I said falling off the bed dramatically. 

"I KNOWWWWW!!" Connie and Julie said, more like yelled.

"Come on, let's go." I said grabbing a wooden spoon and a pot from the small kitchen we have. They looked at me weirdly. 

"Well, someones gotta wake up those dorks right?" I sigh and they looked at me understandably and nodded their heads, grabbing a pot and spoon for themselves.

I open up the door that leads to a room full of bunk beds with sleeping boys in them. 

"Now this is the fun part." I whispered to the girls.

I walked over to Adams bed and put the pot and spoon next to his ear. He looks so cute when he is sleeping. Well, that's about to change. The girls did the same with the other boys. I mouthed to them, "3, 2, 1!"

And that loud noise started. 

"ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHHHTTTT! LOSERS! GET UP THE SUN IS SHINING AND WE ARE READY TO LEARN! LET'S GO! LET'S GO! LET'S GO! GET YOUR BUTTS UP NOW!" I was suddenly grabbed by the waist and pulled under someone's covers. "Just 5 more minutes." Someone said in a groggy morning voice and rested their head in the crook of my neck.

I turned around to see a sleepy boy with bed head, his blue eyes more vibrant than ever. I started poking his cheeks because he just looked so cute! He smiled and kissed my nose. 

"I wish I could lay here all day." He said groggily.

"Well that's too bad, your 5 minutes are up." I replied and hopped out of the bed. Cold air hit my bare arms as I leave Adam's warm embrace. I walk over to my room with the girls to get ready for school. I can already tell that today is going to be a long ass day.

We arrived at "school" and all sat down with a groan. We looked like zombies, I'm surprised Ms Mackay didn't notice. I was having a hard time keeping my eyes open so I decided to just lay my head down for a few seconds while Ms MacKay talked about history and shit.