Chapter Nine

Iceland is going down

Immy's POV

Today is our last training until we face Iceland. If you were to ask if any of us were nervous about the game, we would probably say, 

"No, we are ready to smash their asses!" But, what we really mean to say is, 

"Yes, I just hope we don't get our asses smashed..."

Coach leads us straight to the rink instead of the locker rooms to get changed. 

"Shouldn't we have our hockey gear on?" Guy asks confused. Coach shuffles around to face us all and we turn our attention to him, 

"Guys, this is our last team practice, which means-"

"The return of captain blood?" Averman cuts in and we all erupt into a fit of laughter. 

Coach shakes his head in amusement, "No. It means - let's have a little fun!" He yells and throws a beach ball on to the ice. 

Everyone cheers as we chase after the ball and have a big game of keepings off.

The ball comes towards Adam and I and we both race towards it. I manage to get to the ball first but with Adam being not long behind me, grabs me around the waist with one arm. The ball is knocked out of my arms and Guy steals it. 

"Damn you Banks!" I laugh and I try to get out of his grip but end up slipping, taking Adam with me.

He manages to fall on top of me, but holding his weight on his one good arm so he doesn't accidentally crush me. We lay there like smiling idiots. 

"I like this position," Adam smirks and I roll my eyes. Perv.

"Hey! Lovebirds! Get a room will ya!" Averman yells and I blush furiously. 

Adam helps me get up and we skate towards the others. Averman takes the ball and hits it down the ice rink. We watch as it rolls and slowly comes to a stop, right in front of the Iceland team.

Stansson grabs the ball and squashed it right in our faces. 

Well, that was rude

Coach stands in front of us, facing Stansson. "Playtime is over. You and your little rink rats must leave." The asshole sneers. 

Coach chuckles humorously, "The only thing little was your career in the pros." We all laugh at his comeback, Stansson you are going down tomorrow.

"At least I had a shot." He smiles smugly.

"You were a disgrace." Coach spits back at his rival.

He raises his eyebrows at coaches boldness, "You still good on that ice, Gordon? Well please, let's play a little. Show me that triple deek that your daddy told you. Or was it that old geese over there?" He smirks deviously, this man is really pushing it. I glare at him and clench my fists.

Coach turns his head to look at us, we nod. An indication that we have his back.

"Three bar. First to hit both sidebars and the crossbar wins. Take it out at the blue line." He challenges, not showing any weakness. Stansson nods, accepting his challenge. 

"I know the game."

Stansson throws coach a stick and they skate to the centre of the ice. Both teams move to the side to give them space.

Stansson grabs the puck and makes his way to the net. Coach tries to steal the puck off the jerk but he rams into him. Why does this guy have to be so violent? Coach chases Stansson right by his side until the little brat shoved him into the wall and hits the first post. Coach looks up at Stansson and gets up to start at the blue line once again.