Chapter Five

Strike one for Italy

Immy's P.O.V

I woke up to two girls snoring and lying in awkward positions. This is the perfect moment for a photo, I am so going to use this later.

It was still early so I decided to take a shower first since the girls shouldn't be up for another half hour. I wouldn't say I'm a morning person, but I'm not as bad as others when it comes to waking up early.

When I had successfully washed all the grime out of my hair with coconut shampoo I turned off the running water and stepped out of the shower. I got dressed in our warm USA uniform, pairing it with some fuzzy socks since we were due for an interview before our Italy game and it was freezing outside.

I open the bathroom and walk out; upon me, I see two zombies.

"I'm soooo tirrrrreedddd!" Connie whined as she fell off the bed, literally, and walked into the bathroom with her clothes. I laughed at her grumpiness and watched as Julie tried to make coffee while half asleep. Keyword being tried. When Connie got out of the shower everybody was ready so we decided to wait in the lobby until the boys came down.

10 minutes had passed and the boys still weren't here. So I decided to text Adam to make sure they were all awake.

To: hot hockey player

Hey, where r u guys we have to leave in like ten minutes?

From: hot hockey player

oh shit! what?

To: hot hockey player

We have an interview, Adam! At 8:30!

From: hot hockey player

We'll be there in 5! xx

To: hot hockey player

hurry your cute butt up

From: hot hockey player

what did you say about my butt?

To: hot hockey player

No time for messing around! Hurry the bus will be here soon!

From: hot hockey player

ok ok xo

5 minutes later I see 9 scruffy looking boys sprint into the lobby, duffle bags and all. I looked at Adam, admiring his bed hair and his USA sweats attire. He looked hotttt. He came up to me and spoke in a raspy morning voice which also sent me swooning. God, what has this boy done to me.

"Hey sorry we're late, kinda lost track of time." He chuckled rubbing a hand through his hair, which only made it messier and worse on my part.

I sighed and rubbed my hands over my face tiredly. 

"That's ok. Now let's go get that bus." He chuckled and put an arm around my shoulder. Every time he does that, it gives me butterflies. I feel like I'm safe and nothing can touch me as long as I am in his arms.

After a short bus trip, we arrived at the arena. We made our way to our locker rooms to put all our stuff away. I took a seat, putting my bag full of hockey gear down next to me. I look around the room at all the amazing people I have made friends with within the last couple days. I can't believe this is actually real! I mean I'm playing hockey on an international level!

"What are you thinking about?" Charlie asks as he sits next to me. I turn to him with a smile, Charlie is like my best guy friend. I can talk to him about things that I wouldn't normally talk to with Connie and Julie.