Chapter Six

Captain blood part 1

Immy's P.O.V

It hasn't even been 30 seconds yet and Dean is already benched for the game. I look over at Adam and we both have the same look of uncertainty in our eyes.

The game finally starts and Iceland just knocks us over like it's nothing. I fight to get the puck off a player but they manage to weave around me and pass it off to another teammate and score. Goldberg gets up from his side and groans. 

"Come on defence wake up I can't do this all myself!"

Guy gets passed the puck and skims it over to me. I see an Iceland player coming right at me so I pass it to Adam and I'm rammed into the wall. I cough as all the air is knocked out of me. What are these guys on? Steroids?

I get back up and chase after Gunner, the team captain who stole the puck. I bump into his side and it barely does anything, but it distracts him enough that I am able to take the puck and pass it to Dwayne.

He hogs the puck, showing off to the Iceland players. 

"Dwayne pass it!" Fulton screams but he ignores him. 

"Pass the puck Dwayne!" I yell, trying to stop an Iceland player from getting to him. Within seconds a player shoves into him and knocks him to the ice. He takes the puck and goes for goal but Goldberg stops it, thankfully.

He passes it to Adam who sends it to Luis before being flipped over. That's going to hurt. Luis flies down the rink and passes two Iceland players. One of them holds out their stick and trips Luis, sending him straight into the wall.

I shake my head. "Come on ref, call something."

----

The siren blows and we skate over to the bench.

"Where is our concentration? You guys are running around like a bunch of chickens with you're heads cut off!" Coach yells in frustration, I never thought he would get this angry at his team.

Jesse speaks up, "We are trying our best."

"Well, your best isn't good enough anymore. If we lose this one to Iceland we are one loss away from elimination! You guys might wanna go home early but I saw as hell don't."

He stomps off the bench away from us. 

"My, that was inspiring." Averman says, slumping down.

We are about to play the third an final period and Iceland is winning 4 - 0. We were really slugging it. Every time we get the puck they push us down and we lose it. Goldberg and I are trying so hard in defence. They are just too strong and buff. It's like they knew our every move.

They score another goal and coach calls Goldberg off and puts Julie in.

"Hey, good luck Gaffney! You're going to need it!" Goldberg puffs before skating to the bench.

"Thanks, Goldberg." She sighed and set her stuff on top of the goal. I watched as two Iceland players came up to her. 

"Sending in a woman to do a mans job?"

"Yeah don't break a nail!"

Oh, I'm gonna show them-

"I'm sorry boys but could you help me with my pads please?" She asks I look at her in confusion, what is she up to? Of course, them being two hormonal teenage boys they agree. As they advance forward she punches them both in the gut and I cover my mouth to silence my laugh. They fall backwards with a groan and the ref sends her off the rink.