in love with a werewolf ~ chapter 7

Chapter 7

-Bailey-

I got up this morning after not being able to sleep at all last night. I called Keri last night and filled her In on everything. We agreed to go to the hospital first thing in the morning, when we would be able to visit her, the hospital informed me last night when I went that they couldn’t tell me anything unless I was family. I groaned as I rolled out of bed and sluggishly walked into my bathroom. I glanced at my mirror as I walked by it. I backtracked and stared and the monster in horror as it stared back at me. My eyes were bloodshot and my hair was a tangled fluffy mess from the tossing a turning, my eyes had dark bags under them and I looked pale and sickly. I quickly ran to my closet and pulled out a pair of sweats, a tank-top, clean underwear and a bra. I walked back into my bathroom and took a long relaxing shower. After my shower I got out an put on my clothes and stood in front of the mirror dreading to have to brush my hair. I thought for a moment then ran into Doms room. “DOOOOMMMM WAKE UP I NEED YOUR HELP!!!!” I screamed as I entered his room waking up him and Jay. “What who died, is the house on fire!!!” Dom said jumping up and grabbing his lamp. I heard Jay giggle. “No, but I need one of you to brush my hair for me…” I said slowly and Dom looked at me confused. Jay quickly raised his hand “OH ME! BAILEY PICK ME I WANNAAAA!!!!” I laughed and grabbed Jay by the hand and pulled him into my bedroom and he motioned for me to sit on the floor by my bed and he sat on my bed with my brush. “Damn bailey, what did you do? Get your hair stuck in a fan or something? Tornado? Tsunami?” Jay question as he began to gently pick at the snarls and tangles. “No, I just didn’t sleep well last night and I kept tossing and turning.” I finished with a sigh and closed my eyes as Jay went to work on my hair. After about ten minutes Jay was done and I let him go back to sleep. I quickly threw on a summer jacket and put some cover up under my eyes to hide the bags and told Dom I would be back soon and got in my car and headed to the hospital. Once I got there I saw Keri waiting outside, franticly pacing. I ran up to her and pulled her into a big hug which she returned. “Keri, are you ok?” I asked, my voice being muffled by her shoulder. “ Yea im fine I just hope that Amanda is going to be ok, they had to take her into surgery.” she sniffled. “ Hey, lets go inside and wait im freezing my balls off.” I ushered her inside. We walked in silence to the waiting room next to the ICU. Any minute the doctor could come out and tell us she is dead. Me and Keri held hands as we waited and eventually the doctor came out with an emotionless face. I got up quickly getting a little lightheaded but ignored it. “Doctor please tell me she’s alright.” I begged and he glanced around. “Are her parents here?” the doctor looked around as if they were going to pop out of nowhere. I cringed “Her parents disowned her and kicked her out, we” I pointed to Keri and I “ are the closest thing she has to a real family.” I finished shakily. The doctor looked at my grimly and spoke the words I wish I never heard. “ Im sorry to say that we could not save her, the bullet hit a main artery and she got a blood infection that spread to her brain. We couldn’t stop it in time. Im so sorry.” He looked at me with sad eyes. My knees gave out and I fell on the ground crying over my lost best friend. I felt Keri wrap her arms around me as she cried along with me. I don’t know how long we sat on that hospital floor crying and I didn’t care. I called Dom to come pick us up. Jay came with him so he could take my car home. Soon I heard Dom calling my name and I stood up and ran into his arms as he gave me a hug only a brother could give. He put an arm on my shoulder and held my hand as he lead me out of the hospital and Jay did the same with Keri. Soon we were back home and me and Keri were sitting on the couch under a blanket with tissues everywhere still crying our eyes out and Dom and Jay had gone out to get us comfort food. “Hey Keri?” I cringed at my own voice as it came out sounding broken and scratchy. “ Yea Bailey?” she responded sounding better than me. “ Do you think Amanda would like us crying over her like this, I mean she did everything she could to make us happy. I wouldn’t want her mad that all we did was cry for her.” I know it sounded heartless but, Amanda never wanted us sad no matter the situation, so if she was here now she would tell us to stop crying and to smile. I saw Keri crack a small smile at the memories of Amanda yelling at us for being sad. “Bailey your right. She wouldn’t want us to be sad, she would want us to remember her in the happy times not the sad times.” Keri said as she hugged me tightly. I agreed as Dom and Jay came back and handed us ice cream and what not. I grabbed a big spoon full of chocolate ice cream and started eating it. I. Love. Chocolate. It was also Amanda’s favorite. That night me and Keri slept on the couch because we were to tired to move.

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

Sunday went by quickly and it was already Monday morning. Keri had just left with Jay cause they both had to go home and get ready for school. I already told them I wasn’t going to school. I needed more time. “Bye Bailey!!” I head Dom yell and I ran out of the kitchen to give him hug. “ Thank you for letting me stay home Dom I really need this time to relax, and hey can you find someone to bring me my homework for the day? I don’t really care who it is as long as they have some classes with me.” Dom nodded and walked out the door. As for me… I went back to sleep. I really needed it. After a long ass nap I was woken up by the door bell ringing non stop. I got up and wondered why dom would ring the door bell when he has a key. So im guessing the person Dom picked to give me my homework was here. I quickly ran to the stairs “ ONE MINUTE!!” I yelled an ran to my room and changed into black skinny jeans and a grey figure fitting tank-top and just for the hell of it I threw on my gir socks. Then I ran to the bathroom and brushed my hair and threw on my makeup fast then ran down the stairs almost killing my self and slid along the tile flooring and right into the door and on my butt. I groaned as I sat up and opened the door to reveal a worried looking Seth. “ Are you ok Bailey?” He asked, I shivered as he said my name, it sounded so right to hear it from him. “ uh, yea im fine my head kinda hurts though.” I try to stand up but slip again but this time Seth catches me and picks me up bridal style. I blush lightly but not enough for him to notice. “thanks, but I can walk…” I say quietly but he ignores me. “Where is the living room, I’d rather carry you there than you slipping and dieing”. he smiled down at me. hm i wonder why hes being so nice suddenly. i wonder if he heard about amanda. I directed him though the archway to the kitchen/ living room mix combo thing. He gently put me down on the couch and pulled out some papers from his backpack. “Here‘s the homework” he said and he put them on the coffee table and as he turned to leave, I realized I had no idea what the lesson was on. “Hey Seth…?” I said slowly and I see him freeze as I say his name. “Yeah?” he responds as he slowly turns around. “ I don’t know how to do this” I motion to the homework pile he left. “Do you think you can stay and help me with it?” I ask pleading him with my eyes. Seth stares at the ground like he’s having an internal argument. So I slowly reach out and grab his hand and his eyes snap up to meet mine as I pull him down on the couch next to me. “Let’s start with chemistry?” I asked and grabbed a pen off the table, giving Seth a big smile which he returned. I wonder if this means we can become friends… maybe more… whoa!! Where did that though come from… no Bailey. just friends… I hope.