He Saved Her

"Mom... I don't like this house." The ten-year old wailed.

"Jenna, we've discussed this.. Now go help your sisters get the bags from the car now." Her mother said sternly.

"Whatever." Jenna scoffed as she rounded the silver vehicle to help her older sister and younger sister with the luggage.

"Jenna, you need to stop over reacting, mommy is doing the best that she can. Stop giving her a hard time." Anna, the eight year old scolded Jenna. Jenna glared at her, just to have a hand cover her eyes.

"Jenna, what did I say about looking at her like that. It hurts her feelings, now quit it." Shaley, the seventeen year old scolded Jenna.

Jenna swatted her hand away and grabbed a bag, and without another word she ran up the porch steps an into their new Nevada home.

"Anna, ignore her okay. She's just mad because she had to leave her friends. Are you alright..?" Shay squatted down to her sisters level. Anna nodded with tears in her eyes. Shay kissed her sisters forehead before grabbing a few brags and lugging them inside.

"Shay can you come in here for a moment please?" Shay heard her mother yell. She followed her mothers soft voice until she stumbled upon the kitchen.

"Yes?"

"I know you didn't feel like moving, and I know your heart broken about leaving your friends and boyfriend behind. And I know that Jenna isn't making this any easier on you, but can you please try as talk to her. Maybe calm her down.?" Shah nodded at her mothers request and set out to find her ten year old sister.

"Jenna?" Shay knocked on a bedroom from upstairs. She heard sobbing, so she decided to just go in uninvited.

"Go away!" Jenna shouted from beneath her coat.

"Jenna..." Shaley sat down onto the bed, rubbing her sister back.

"I know you're angry, and you feel neglected of your opinions. But frankly, you need to grow up and understand. I did. You know I'm not happy about the move either. I left a relationship of four years. I left friendships, and I'm not saying that you didn't drop everything, because that's not what I'm saying at all." Shay smiled at the ten year old, who uncovered her face and sat up.

Shay brushed the hair from Jenna's face, behind her ear.

"Just please, understand that this move was for the best.. Soon school will be starting and you'll make tons of friends." Shay reassured Jenna.

"Shay, I understand the move, I do. But, I just... It doesn't feel right living in this house. I want the old house. The one that is full with memories. Memories from when you and Shane were little and me, and even Anna....Memories full of dad." Jenna's voice croaked on the the mention of their late father.

"Shh, it's okay. It's okay to miss dad. I do. I mean, it's harder on me." Shay sighed.

"I know that. But you have to stop blaming yourself Shaley! It's not fair to you, and dad wouldn't want it." Jenna piped in as Shay let a year fall.

Shay kissed her sister cheek after Jenna wiped that stray year from Shay's face.

"You know, you're right. Now get some sleep. It's getting dark, and Shane will be here tomorrow." The two girl hugged and Shaley exited Jenna bedroom in hunt for her own.

----

"Dad! You're being very unreasonable!" Shay shouted at her father as he picked her up from school.

"Shaley, I'm sorry. But no. You will get your own car when you get good school grades." Shawn, the thirty-nine-year-old father of four, said sternly. Shay sighed.