Chapter Two

'Great! Everyone just witnessed that I'm a damn lunatic.' Shay thought to herself.

Deep breaths Shaley, deep breaths.

Trudging up the school steps, she stepped into the school office and up to the front desk.

"Can I help you?" The old lady sitting behind the desk asked her.

"Yes. Uhm... I'm Shaley Ross. The transfer student." Shay smiled politely.

"Is that so?"

Nodding, Shay smiled at her and leant against the desk.

"Just a minute darlin'." Shay nodded as the old lady stood up and went to some filing cabinets behind her. She pulled out a green folder and sat back down.

"Here you are. Your class schedule and locker info is in there. Along with a map."

Shaley took the folder and exited the office with a faint, 'Thank You.'

Opening the folder, she went to her assigned locker. Locker 88. She spun the dial of the locker that was her combination.

She opened her locker, to see it fully stocked. After scanning her schedule she saw that she had art, so she grabbed a sketch pad and set off to find her art room

Opening the brown wooden door, she a

took a seat behind one of the painting boards. There were only three people currently in the classroom.

Soon enough the bell rung and shay watched as students began to file in. One of them she knew she had recognized, just couldn't remember his name, or where she had saw him from.

"Hey, uhm.... Shay right?" Shay snapped her head up at the familiar voice and warm brown eyes.

"Yep." She forced a fake smiled as he took a seat next to her.

"You don't remember me do you?" He smirked.

"Uhm. I do. But I can't remember your name?" Shay smiled sheepishly.

"It's Connor. You look... Different." His eyes trailed over her pale and sunk in face.

"Er... Thanks.. I guess." Shay mumbled and turned to the teacher as she cleared her throat.

"Today, we paint what inspires you." The woman said. She had a slight French accent.

"Get to work." She snapped.

'What do I paint? What inspires me? Nothing. That's what. In a dull loser, who got her father killed.' Shay thought to herself.

"What can I paint?"Shay turned to Connor. He shrugged and picked up his paint brush, dipping it into yellow paint.

Nothing inspires her.

"Mrs. Guevèlla?" Shah raised her hand. She turned to her and muttered a 'yes'.

"Nothing inspires me."

"Nothing?" She inquired. Shay nodded as she sighed.

"Well, paint your feelings. Happy? Sad? Angry? It doesn't matter." Shay nodded at her and began her work.

...

"Wow! That's good... But dark."

Shay turned to give Connor a bright smile. To be honest it was simply beautiful. It was abstract work, filled with light to dark grays, black, red and yellow.

"Yeah.." Shay on the other hand, thought that it was complete and utter crap.

Shay pulled out her schedule to see that she had Math next. Sighing, she picked up her unused sketch book, went to her locker, grabbed her Math book after putting up her sketch pad and made her way to room 206.