Chapter 4

so my right arm is hurting like hell for some unknown reason (I'm a lefty so??)... but if I won't let my responsibilities stop me from writing, then a little pain won't stop me either!

oh and umm TRIGGER WARNING there will be self harm and displays of anxiety in this chapter, just letting you know, read with care.

--------------------

Days went by before I could finally see Vic again. Mainly because miss Vivian and her husband had actually been home a lot... and it wasn't just them either. There were lots of people around the house, admiring the artwork and the highly fragile, expensive chandeliers that I was now cleaning multiple times a day just so they'd look good enough.

Apparently these people were potential business partners, so after every tour of the house, they'd head to the main living area for a glass of bourbon, to only then head off into the big office rooms.

I wasn't going to risk breaking the rules while they were present in the house, so I stayed out of the room where I now knew that Vic was in.

Meanwhile, I found myself wondering constantly about whether he was okay or not. I was honestly worried for his wellbeing, but too afraid to lose my job and make things worse for him if I talked to miss Vivian about it... so I didn't.

Finally, after nearly a week went by, Victor senior informed me that him and miss Vivian were attending a big business meeting in New York and that they'd be gone for three days. It took almost all of my power to not jump for joy.

They weren't bad people- not to me at least. But something was just off ever since I learned about Vic's situation. I tried not to judge too much though, since I surely didn't know the full story... no one did. Except for Vic himself, I assumed.

I waited approximately an hour before I went up to the room, just to make sure that they weren't coming back. Once I was sure that the proverbial coast was clear, I eagerly made my way up there.

I quietly opened the door and closed it again behind me before finally facing towards Vic. "Hey, I'm sorry I took so—"

It felt like cotton balls got stuck in my throat as soon as I saw him. Or rather, when I saw what he was doing. Vic was sitting on his bed, hunched over with most of his hair covering his face. I couldn't exactly see what he was doing, but one of his hands was motioning desperately while the rest of his body shook, soft whimpers escaping his lips. It wasn't until I saw the blood that I really got scared.

I immediately ran over to him, making him stop whatever he was doing by grabbing his moving hand with mine and his shoulder with my other hand. His head whipped up, shock written all over his face when he finally saw me. I guess he was so focused that he hadn't even heard me coming in.

My heart practically broke when I saw how red and puffy his eyes were. His face was wet with tears and his lips were quivering.

I glanced down at his still shaking hand, which I held in mine, noticing what looked like a rough pointy piece of wood clenched in the palm of his hand. My eyes followed to his other hand, trailed up to his wrist, and that's when I found it... a horrible looking gash, gaping wide open on his wrist. Blood seeping from the torn skin.

My eyes widened as I looked back up at his face momentarily. His eyes held so much sadness and so much guilt. "I-I'm sorry." He choked, his voice barely audible.

I immediately tore off the small white makeshift apron that was part of my uniform and wrapped it around his bleeding wrist, pressing it on there tightly to stop the bleeding. It wasn't a deep gash, but still a bad one.