Chapter 15

you know how I asked you guys how you wanted this to go? well most of you wanted that Vivian would give Vic a chance and let Kellianne stay... but I'm a jerk so I did the opposite. hah. enjoy!

--------------------

**Vic's POV**
(surprise!)

Sleep had never really been one of my talents. It's not that I didn't enjoy sleep- in fact, I loved it. But that was, if I even got any. Usually my thoughts and anxieties kept me awake. And last night was no different.

In the past week I may have slept about five hours or so. It wasn't that unusual for me to get so little sleep, but it was definitely the worst time so far. And it was all because she was gone.

Mother had sent her away. Kellianne. My Kell- the girl I loved.

She said she spoke to my father about whether they'd keep her or send her away, but I don't think she ever did. Some things did change, though. They let me back into my old bedroom, no locks, and the freedom to go around the house. I didn't have the freedom to leave the house just yet, though, and the stupid new maid sure as hell made sure that I wouldn't. She was constantly checking in on my ass.

I was slipping back into the same old depression quicker than ever before. Kell had almost succeeded in pulling me out of it, but then she was gone. It wasn't her fault, though, it was mine. Everything was my fault- it always was.

But the depression felt different this time. I was alone. I mean, I had always kinda been alone, but this was different. This loneliness was fucking heartbreaking and it was killing me. It was eating me alive.

And there was another problem- my eating habits. Kell had tried so hard to get me to eat like a normal person again, but for the past few days I'd stopped eating all together. She'd probably kick my ass if she knew, but she'd probably never know.

She'd also probably never know about the liquor stash in the pantry that was quickly decreasing. I wondered how the new maid hadn't noticed it yet. Or maybe she just didn't care. Yeah, why would she anyway?

I sighed deeply and ran my hands through my sticky, greasy hair. I didn't remember when I last showered, I didn't really care either. I didn't care about anything- except Kellianne. She was all that was on my mind. That was, if the headaches I got weren't too overwhelming.

Like right now, they sadly were. And it was bad enough to make me feel like ripping my head straight off my spine.

I needed painkillers.

I slowly got up from my bed, the room spinning like crazy as I tried to make my way to the bathroom attached to my bedroom. I had to grab everything I could on the way over there to keep myself upright. Once finally in there I found the fairly harmless painkillers that I'd left there the day before, pressed a few out of the package and threw them into my mouth, downing them with a big swig of whiskey.

Something immediately felt off, though. I felt sick, like I was about to throw up. I mean okay- I had been drinking constantly and not eaten a single thing in days, but so far I hadn't thrown up.

I breathed slowly through my nose, gripping tightly onto the edge of the bathroom counter as I tried to focus on my own reflection in the mirror. Fuck, I looked terrible.

And with that thought, I lost control. I started vomiting unwillingly into the sink. And though it was nothing but whiskey, stomach fluids and the pills that I had only just swallowed, it was still disgusting. My heart was beating frantically as I felt sweat starting to seep out every pore on my body. And that's when my legs failed me.

I scrambled myself together on the floor and sat with my back against the cold tiles, knees buried up to my chest. I wrapped my arms around my head, somehow trying to keep everything from spinning- even though I knew that probably wouldn't help.

Eventually I began to panic a little. I had no idea what was happening all of a sudden.

I kept myself steady on the floor, no desire to get up at all. I sat there and tried to remember every breathing exercise that I was ever taught, until the memory of my guidance counselor popped into my head.

I screamed involuntarily as then sobbed desperately. I didn't want to feel this way. Hell, I didn't want to feel anything at all. I just wanted everything to stop.

But then I heard a familiar voice invading my head. I was probably just hallucinating it though. But somehow the voice seemed so clear and it kept repeating my name. That angelic voice kept calling my name.

**Kellianne's POV**
(this takes place while Vic is freaking the fuck out)

It's been a little over a week since Miss Vivian sent me away and replaced me with a more 'experienced' and 'obedient' maid. I felt terrible for leaving Vic behind, even though it wasn't exactly my fault.

I hadn't talked to him at all since I left. Hell, she didn't even let me say goodbye to him. He must hate me for leaving.

I didn't get a different job yet, much to my mother's disappointment. My nana understood, though. She actually felt sorry for me because she saw how much I worried about Vic every single day.

Nana knew everything about Vic by now, and even she was worried about him. Some days I wondered if he was even still alive. And every time that thought would cross my mind I found myself crying. 

Some nights I cried myself to sleep, much like last night. I'd wake up more tired than ever, eyes burning and my throat completely dried out from sobbing so much. I loved him and I missed him. And I had no idea if I would ever see him again.

Nana shot me an apologetic look as I slumped into her living room. She engulfed me into a hug as I fought back the wave of tears. I'd be lying if I said that I didn't think about Vic every second of the day... because I did.

"Would you like some waffles, darling?" She softly asked me as she pulled out of the hug.

I just nodded silently, too scared that I'd start sobbing if I opened my mouth to say something. She caressed my cheek for a moment and then slowly made her way into the kitchen.

Within minutes I could already smell the delicious scent of the freshly baked waffles rolling into the living room as I sat on the couch, watching some crappy sitcom. Even that smell reminded me of Vic. It reminded me of the day I just managed to save him from jumping off that stupid bridge, and we got waffles at that little waffle house after the whole ordeal.

While nana was still busy in the kitchen, I heard a knock on the front door. "I'll get it, nana." I called out as I got up and strolled over.

I slowly opened it up, not really expecting anyone familiar. But to my surprise, it was in fact someone familiar. It was Jaime, miss Vivian's gardener.

"Oh thank fuck, I finally found you." He exclaimed, relief evident in his voice. "Do you have any idea how many Soto's live around here?"

I frowned a little before I ended up staring at him blankly. "Yeah, quite a lot, actually. And most of us are family. But what are you doing here?" I then asked him.

"You really need to come with me." Jaime firmly spoke. "I've seen Vic slouching around the house for the past few days, but he looks fucking terrible. It's like watching a real life Walking Dead episode, he does not look happy nor healthy."

My heart dropped when he said that. But at least he was still alive.

"I'm not allowed anywhere near there anymore, Jaime." I told him with regret. "I don't know what I'm supposed to do."

"Just come with me, I'll get you inside. Just please- I got to talk to him once, when he still made somewhat sense, and he told me about what happened with you... what you did for him. But I can't get through to him anymore, he needs to see you."