I Need Him

Chapter 2: I Need Him

"Alright, so you're telling me the only way to start is to get ink on my body?" She asked sitting in an uncomfortable chair.

"No, you don't have too, but it's sort of a promise. If you put the ink on your body years later when your kids about it you'll have a real reason and you can say you successfully survived whatever this is."

"A promise?"

"A promise."

"Okay," she nodded taking off her long sleeve shirt. "An arrow. On my arm"

"Just an arrow?"

"Yeah," she gave a short nod indicating which arm.

"Why?" He asked beginning the process.

She gave a small wince to her healing arm, "before things can get better, they have to pull back and get worse." She paused seeing a small nod out of the corner of her eye, "and that's what weapon thing you're gonna teach me cause I'm desperate."

He chuckled, "Yes sir." After about an hour of her wincing, and an occasional verbal ow. The masterpiece on her arm was completely done. It was simple and elegant much like her personality. It suited her. She stood up stretching out her limbs feeling her sore body need some sort of movement. Cora looked over at Sitka he was getting some sort of cream out of a jar, her curiosity was sparked as she walked over to him before getting a refreshing feel to the stinging arm. "Hey give it an hour or so and it won't hurt as much."

"Okay," she examined it some more then glanced at him. "Why do you guys not live in a village? I just thought that most of you would be in groups. Strength in numbers, that sorta thing."

"My mother never liked living in the village and with the approval of the commander we were aloud to live off the beaten path." He commented grabbing a coat, "Why, well that we never really knew."

"Is that the only reason at I'm here. I figured your commander would've killed me, with the whole war thing."

He nodded, "we can also slightly bend the rules out here which she likes as well."

"Well if your commander doesn't get me first, your sister might take that."

"Athena is just a little rough. All ripped at the ends and such."

"She's still one master piece, well a deadly-life-threatening-one." Sitka chuckled tossed her a jacket causing her to jump back slightly.

"What is this for?"

"Just cause you should wait doesn't mean we are," he smiled continuing, "you coming?" Cora nodded sliding the jacket on as they stepped out into the chilled evening.

"Alright punk, let's do this. I can take you my arm and all." She taunted.

"I'm sure you can. But–"

She cut him off quickly, "but? No–no but's in these parts. Please don't but me. You're mother has had me doing chores all day long. And not the fun ones no the boring ones where I have to learn my place." Cora mimicked complaining.

"Calm down you're still gonna fight just not me. I might, hurt you." He chose his words hoping they weren't fatal

"Bullshit. I could take your scrawny ass so fast you'd–"

"–You're fighting Kenai," he cut her off like she did he.

"I mean if you wanna break him sure."

"Cora you haven't seen me fight I could be better than you," she scoffed seeing the small boy walk out confidently. He was all bulked up with the masses of clothing