He Knew

Chapter 9: He Knew

Cora stood next to Bellamy at the gate, while not part of the guard the blonde with a bow was fairly talented. "What are you doing?" The freckles asked feeling the blondes' boot nudge his.

"Hmm?" She looked up at him trying to conceal a smirk. He rolled his eyes looking back out at the foggy canvas. Hands in her jacket pockets she did it once more. Bellamy looked down at her watching as the corner of her lip tug up. He shook his head glancing down watching as her foot inched closer.

He lifted his foot off the ground enough to see her expression shift to confusion. His foot went softly down atop hers. He down to whisper in her ear, "You're not that sneaky Scout."

She looked at him hers lips pouted a scowl. "Well you're not that cute, Blake." She mocked the given name watching his lips break into a smile. Scrunching her nose she looked away in defeat biting the inside of her cheek.

Bellamy shifted planting a kiss on her cheek, "next time lover."

The blonde cocked her head back looking at him. "Lover?" She shoved his shoulder with her arm glancing around seeing if anyone heard him.

He shrugged, "I'm trying new nicknames."

"Try again," she spoke shaking her head. He chuckled looking out into the mist noticing a pair of glowing lights.

"I will." He mumbled cocking his gun walking forward. Seeing another blond approach he pointed his nozzle to the ground. In a louder more prominent tone he spoke to the other guards, "Hold your fire, she's back."

Clarke's expressions were always easy to read, this one was shock. Finn jogged psst the two approaching the blonde leader. "Are you okay?"

Looking back she instructed the guards to close the gate. Bellamy stayed alert gun raised as both Finn and Clarke headed their way. "You can't be out here." Bellamy glanced at Clarke as they walked by hearing her instructions for him. Both Cora and her lover followed the other two shortly after.

Abby approached embracing her daughter into a hug. A crowd began to gather around the group and the blondes' eyes still looked distant and lost. "What did she say?" The doctor questioned, Raven walked up as she continued, "Is there a chance for truce?"

Cora watched the surrounding people seeing the silence that sat momentarily making them all anxious. There was a subtly shaking of Clarke's head as she spoke up, "Yes."

Her gaze was diverted elsewhere when Finn spoke up, "What's wrong?"

The girl in shock slowly turned her head looking at him, "They want you." Finns brows furrowed slightly, Clarke continued. "If we want a truce, we have to give them Finn." Cora glanced at Bellamy. Watching his shoulders stiffen he inhaled sharply swallowing the information.

The people surrounding asked hushed confused questions. Cora's attention was drawn to Raven, "What the hell are you talking about?"

"That's their offer." Clarke responded still seeming shocked herself.

"That's not an offer," Raven quickly countered.

Finn looked to Clarke, "It's a punishment. For what happened at the village." Cora's attention turned from the little circle back to Bellamy. Although he hadn't spoken his face mixed with anger, confusion, and most of all shock. Finn continued, "Blood for blood."

Bellamy's voiced appeared surprising the girl, "That's insane."

"If we refuse?" Abby asked looking to Clarke. The people around them growing more uneasy.