Smart Cocky and Stupid Cocky

A/N: hey guys pretty please check out the first paragraph in the note at the end thank you so much.

Chapter 3: Smart Cocky and Stupid Cocky

The young adults slumber was ended suddenly when a beam of light hit their faces. All cringed squinting their eyes shut desperate to keep the morning away. "Get up, we're going to eat, then your training begins." Cora didn't need to open her eyes to know Scarlett was looking at the blonde. Her muscles shuddered at the potential pain about to come and she simply groaned. She was the first to leave the room.

Her bare feet thud around the home rubbing her eyes. A yawn got her into the dining area. She sat down three more sets of foot steps following. Out came a plate of eggs and ham. The scent woke all of them up a bit more.

"Sitka, you take Kenai and Cora for a run. Athena and I need to run into the village pick up some things from the garden and the market." They all gave a small nod their faces stuffed with food. "Sitka you'll join us after a few training exercises." The boy nodded in return his mouth filled with a yellow delight.

Clarke slowly walked towards the group of 48, Monty was the first to see her sending him and Jasper in a race for hugs. Smiles and sighs in relief could be heard from the group. Stepping back the three exchanged looks, "Finn and Bellamy?" Her eyes desperate for an answer.

"Clarke they uh-um. They didn't make it," Jasper stuttered out.

"We don't know that," Clarke spoke hopeful. "What about Raven?" They both avoided eye contact seeing that the girl who was last seen on death's bed not in a place of medical care. "And Cora did they find her?"

"No Clarke, they didn't." The blonde avoided eye contact for a moment, swallowing a lump in her throat. They hadn't left each other on bad terms but they also weren't the best. She wished that she would've done things differently. Listen to the two instead of trying to leave. It was stupid, but it was also hope and the group needed that. Sadly the hope died as fast as the group started to fall to their death as well.

"I think we've ran enough," Kenai wheezed as he attempted to keep up with the blonde and his older brother.

"Really? I'm thinking another mile?" The blonde smiled as they reached a creek.

The three slowed, all taking a drink of the water. "Hey Cora let me check your wound," Sitka said taking one last drink. She obliged lifting up her shirt showing hardly any blood. "We'll have to reseal it when we get back." She nodded looking back. "Kenai do we need to go back?"

"No I can keep up," he wheezed out, bent over ready to lose his  delightfully filling breakfast.

"I'm sure of it," He said patting his siblings back then turning to go the other way. "Come on let's go back, Cora and I will go for another run later tonight."

"Does that mean weapons training?" Cora chirped in capping her canteen.

"Yeah Cora I get to kick your ass."

"How is that considered weapons training?"

"It's not," she tilted her head looking at him, "But when you win you get to learn how to use the bow and arrow."

"Well come on lets get going!" She jumped excitedly starting to jog the three miles back.

"Why is she so jittery?" Kenai asked putting the water in his pouch.

"Why aren't you?" Sitka questioned starting to jog back.

It didn't take them as long to get back, Cora and Kenai kept racing here and there."Okay, you ready Miss I'm gonna kick your butt," Sitka chuckled cracking his neck.