Chapter 18: The Toughest Game

Random but do you know @kmacros from Instagram because that account is hilarious asf and I just saw that they screen-captured my comment in a Youtube video of Spine Breaker lyrics.

Han Bi's POV

"Please tell me Han Bi, I want to pretend I didn't find out anything but.. how and why the hell does Kim Seokjin like me?" She asked in a straight, confused tone.

My heartbeat stopped.

I tried as much as I can to get away from what she said. "I-I don't know, why don't you ask him that?" I said, stuttering. She seems so surprised that it makes me feel the same too. Where did she get this?

My blood started boiling for a second.

Why is Jin incredibly confusing? What's wrong with him? Yesterday, when the rain happened, he popped me the question (which you completely know about). Then, just earlier, he told Sang-mi he likes me, and then now Hanna knows he likes her.

What is he trying to do to me? Confuse me until death?

Hanna gasped a little. "I was expecting you to deny that! Han Bi, tell me he doesn't, right? Look at me in the eye and tell me that. I don't know what I'm feeling, my heart is racing until now, and I can feel weird butterflies. I don't want to feel this, please tell me he doesn't."

Her eyes were on the floor as she fiddled her fingers.

I heaved a sigh. I think there's something fishy happening too. I don't know how Hanna knew about that. Seokjin is being too impenetrable. He's confusing not only to me, But I think Hanna and Sang-mi are into this too.

I find it really upsetting.

"Hanna, cut it. It's not bad, it would be nice getting liked by Kim Seokjin. Many girls in this school are dying just to touch his face, what more if he likes you? Think yourself as lucky." I encouraged, softly pulling her fiddling hands apart. I was saying nothing but the truth.

Soon enough, Hanna and Seokjin will be together, right? That's nice.

Hanna's hands landed on both of my shoulders and she looked at me closely in the eye. "This isn't happening, alright? I know that he likes you, not me! I guarantee that!" She interjected.

My eyes stayed on hers for a minute, I can't believe she's reacting this way. "I don't know! I don't want you to bring me into this. So what if he lied about that? It won't do anything. Sorry." I said, pulling away fast.

I was trying to stop myself from being furious about it, about him.

I was trying to distract myself from the thought, but then I suddenly passed by Seokjin who seems to be preventing our eyes from meeting.

I could feel eyes staring right at me— probably us, most of them burning my back. I wasn't prepared to talk, so I let him

He was already far away a second after walking past me so I chased after him. When I was close enough, I grabbed him by his blazer, exerted force for him to face me and look at me in the eye.

"Kim Seokjin, don't ignore me today. I need to talk to you." I said in a stern, demanding voice. He just nodded simply.

"Did you tell Hanna anything? Like your feelings?" I asked. As usual, if I ask this type of question he would just stare at me and not reply me.