Chapter 1: Heated Contempt

A/N: warning you again that this book is unedited as hell. i wrote this when i was 12 and english isn't my first language.

AA/N: i'm turning 16 on may 2018 so please, for the love of God, don't question any logic from this fanfic. i was a literal 12 year old and the reason i'm keeping this story is for the memories, basically.

Han Bi's POV

"Eomma, appa. I'm NOT going to use our car for transportation okay? I'm going to be a commoner from now on, and I might as well act as one. You'll understand me right? No heiress thing, no company thing, and mostly no rich kid stuff. I just want to live simply from now on." I explained in front of my parents.

I watched nervously at both of my parents as they looked at each other.

"You know what's good for you, right Han Bi? You should always care of yourself." Appa replied. I nodded a little, determination flowing through me.

"I will, appa. The first day of school will start today, and I might be late, just please spare me this chance." I begged my parents. My heart was beating abnormally at the moment. The two exchanged glances and both sighed afterwards.

"Han Bi, are you sure of what you're talking about? I know it's foolish and not-so-professional to say this but, you do know that people who come from the richest families only go there, right? I know that you know that very well." Eomma interrupted.

"If you're going to be a commoner, the whole school year's going to be a nightmare for you because there's going to be lots of them who might laugh at you right?" Eomma looked at me with a face full of worry.

I bit my lower lip and averted my stare away from them, afterwards directing my gaze on the floor. This is difficult, I know that I'm always taking responsibility of my own careless actions.

I cleared my throat to explain,

"I know you might be thinking of it, but no. It's simple. My cousin, Kim Haneul is the daughter of Uncle Han-Seok who owns the school, right? It's just that I want to help her. She needs to pass in film-making when they gave her a new concept. It's about a commoner entering a school for the rich and how the character feels althroughout."

"It's not something people should laugh about okay, we should see. She says she lacks experience to make it. The people want the new idea to be perfect, though. It's an experience." I took a deep sigh in the middle of talking and began talking again.

"So, I wanted to be the one to have the experience. It might be an infinitesimal thing.. but please.. In one step, unnie will make a lot of money and she could help her relatives who are in Incheon right now. She wanted to help them independently, she said that she can't take the money you're offering to her."

"And lastly, I want to see a different side on me in this. I want to see if I could last long in this school and have friends as the odd one out. I wanted t see if I could have friends as someone that isn't used for money.. It's a personal life experience too." I finally said, making silence take over.

"I don't know, Han Bi. I'm glad you're getting more and more selfless each day. You think about lots of things that your age won't be thinking about. But if you insist, then off you go." Eomma said.

"Just remember that we'll always be here with you when you need us. Make sure that you will never go home crying, arrachi? Your dad's going to Hong Kong for some important issues today too. I will take over our company for a while as I take a break from working for my own. Bid him goodbye already." I smiled as eomma lightened her mood.

I smiled and hugged mom and dad both, tightly as ever.

"Appa, take care." I said and he nodded, later on going on his way.