Chapter 27: Remorse

A/N: this book is ending in a bit :P I wanted it to end so I could take a rest in writing for a while or something, then edit my chapters.

thanks for your support for my other books omg bYE

Han Bi's POV

"You know, Han Bi, they may be nice for now but they might be secretly blaming you for what has happened to Sang-mi." Hanna reluctant told me, biting the straw of her smoothie. Soojin and Ye-eun's gazes turn to her immediately.

"Yah, our Han Bi didn't do anything bad, Sang-mi was just a psycho." Ye-eun who was beside me, said and pulled me to a side hug. I glared at her for a little.

"Yah.. What are you saying?" I muttered under my breath.

"Yeah, what even happened to Sang-mi? I don't think anyone knows where she went since a few days ago. I think, only her close friends do." Soojin asked. What? Even Soojin doesn't know what happened to her?

Hanna nudged him, "What do you mean you don't know? Sang-mi, a.k.a the girl who escaped a mental asylum— pushed Han Bi off the edge of the building and she went to jail because of murder attempt. Aish, I can't believe her. I don't know if what she's doing is humane. I'm sure she deserved to be sent there." She ranted.

I frowned and defeatedly laid my head on the table. I didn't want to think about Sang-mi. I'm still trying to get peace after all this shit I've been through.

"What?! She went to jai—" Hanna covered Soojin's mouth before anyone else hears. "She's only eighteen! And she's a delinquent already?" Soojin shouted in a whisper-like voice that isn't even like whispering at all.

Ye-eun immediately turned her head up to him. "Yah, Soojin, that's rude.. but true. I'm not even surprised. Sang-mi has some problems she needs go take care of." She laughed.

"How about if the students are treating you like that because they don't know that Sang-mi hasn't been sent to prison yet?" Hanna speculated, as if she was trying to put puzzle pieces together. Soojin then pushed her shoulder.

"What are you saying? Everyone hasn't been very nice to Han Bi even if we tried to stop them. Whether Sang-mi's there or not, they still pick on her, so there still gotta be something going on." Soojin said. I know he made a point.

"Yeah, true. No matter how hard we try to stop them from doing bad things to our Han Bi, we will never win. It's either they tease and hurt her more, or we become their next targets. They're so unbelievable. Han Bi look, they're definitely trying to deceive you, to deceive us." Ye-eun pointed out.

"Wait, I had a sudden thought." Soojin enthusiastically said. "How about if they're treating you like this because they know about what happened to Sang-mi, and wanted to get rid of her? I could see her friends with her in the bathroom talking shit and grimacing at her when her back's faced." He continued.

What? What are even these theories?

Ye-eun quickly nodded her head and Hanna shrugged.

"Yeah, how about that? They might not like Sang-mi and might legitimately be doing that because they think you're the reason she got there. Look, all three of us know that this school is all about reputation." Ye-eun said, making me baffled for a moment.

"These friends of her— basically all these people in our school who are on her side needed some of hers. Sang-mi is pretty, really rich and everyone admires her so they decided to become friends with her—" Ye-eun continued but was cut off by Hanna.

"And then they become friends with her to get a share of their popularity and to look good in front of her. But being friends meant they would have to follow and support her orders. Sang-mi hates you, Han Bi, so they started hating you too. Is that what you two are trying to say?" Hanna finished off, asking the two.