Chapter Seven | Officer Fucking Flynn

"What the fuc-" I started to say, but suddenly, there was a fairly large amount of weight pressing against my front, pushing my body into the railing even further. I gasped, blindly reaching out to grasp a hold on the grey material in front of me, then realised Flynn had just turned and pressed his back into my front, shielding me from the commotion that was still going on in front of us.

And with all the ruckus happening right there, you think I could have focused on something more important than the fact that my breasts were pushed up against Flynn's hard back and my knees had opened so he could push himself fully against me, his body fitting in between them.

And I was quite content staying in this position.

"What's going on?" I whispered into his ear, and when he replied I could feel the vibrations his voice caused run through me too.

"A couple guys are having a fight." His voice was quiet, but I could tell he was restraining himself to stop the fight.

"Why aren't you stepping in?" I asked again, trying to peer around his shoulder, hoping to catch a glimpse of who it was fighting.

"Because I'm undercover, remember?"

Oh, right. I bit my lip and my hands that were clutching the back of his shirt loosened, my hands tentatively reaching up and smoothing over his shoulders so I had a better grip and wouldn't fall backwards. His shoulders tensed just a little, before relaxing, and I couldn't help but notice the muscles under my hands.

The sounds of people yelling mixed with the music that was still thumping away in the background made it hard for me to think, along with the sounds of fists hitting flesh and grunts of pain. I managed to catch a glimpse over Flynn's shoulders at the two having the brawl because the front door had swung open and the party goers had started spilling out onto the porch where we were.

When I realised it was just two guys going at it because they were both too drunk to even talk, I sighed and let myself get comfortable into Flynn's back. He didn't move in the whole time the fight was going on, like he was protecting me from it.

That thought sent a warm feeling through my entire body, and I pressed myself even closer, risking him moving away just so I could get that little bit closer.

He didn't move an inch.

Eventually, the sounds of the fight started to ease, and I could see that the two who had been brawling were now getting pulled off each other by slightly less drunk partiers. The one to the right of me was bleeding profusely from the nose, the other guy not looking much better. I sighed in relief when the fight looked as though it was finished, and I felt Flynn's hard body relax under my hands and body.

Then, I saw him.

A guy with dark brown, scruffy hair was standing to the back of the crowd, smirking to himself. It wasn't his expression that set him apart from the others. He wasn't someone who you looked at either and had one of those faces you'd remember. It was what he was wearing.

A black leather jacket.

But not only that, it matched the two guys standing either side of him.

"Flynn," I whispered into his ear so none of the people who had made it out onto the porch could hear me. "There's three guys to our right in identical leather jackets."

His body tightened up again in anticipation, and his head moved to the right, and I could see the side profile of his face. I watched as his eyes locked onto the three guys I was talking about, and suddenly he turned, his front pushing against mine instead. "They match Marley's description."