Chapter Eleven | So...friends?

Two weeks. 

I hadn't talked to Flynn in two whole weeks. I'd seen him now and then, he'd come into the diner and order his usual coffee, or have a quick sit in breakfast before his shift started at the station, but I'd always made sure I was busy with another customer so I didn't have to serve him.

He'd been to our house for dinner again on Sundays, too, because dad was adament to keep his little bromance threesome with Stan and Flynn alive. The first Sunday I had been at the movies with Sophie, so I didn't have to sit through the torture of dinner with him.

The second Sunday, I wasn't so lucky. I'd made it through dinner when I'd gotten a call from Marley, who wanted me to pick him up from the little gym on the back streets he went to most nights because it was raining. Normally, he'd walk, but this time I was more than happy to go get him, and even took him for a late night ice cream at MacDonalds, just to avoid going home even more.

Flynn, dad and Stan had been in the lounge when we'd got back, so I took care of the dining table and went straight upstairs to bed after a quick goodnight to dad. 

And I know, I was being a little bit dramatic with the whole 'stay away from Flynn' thing, wasn't I? But it was better than pining for the guy, trust me.

You know what was pathetic? I knew his usual coffee order off by heart. Latte, enough milk to call it a milkshake, three sugars. Flynn hadn't lied about the sweet tooth thing either. 

I put my memory of this down to the fact that I worked at the diner he got his coffee from, and Shelly had called the order out enough for me to memorise without thinking. 

I also knew how he took his eggs.

Scrambled.

Toast?

Just on the burnt side.

And, I'd cancelled the date I was supposed to go on with Mason, but I told myself that's because I had to fill in at the diner that night. Even though I volunteered to work...

So while I tried to avoid Flynn with as much energy as possible, it just wasn't meant to be tonight. 

"Your friends here." Shelly said in a quiet voice with a sly smile as she pushed the diner kitchen door open with her hip, two trays of dirty plates and cutlery on them. "He looks like he's here for a sit in meal, too."

I rolled my eyes, glaring at her half heartedly. "He's not my friend, Shelly."

"Oh?"

"I thought I'd already explained this to you." I groaned, wiping my hands on the dish towel I'd just folded up. "We are not friends."

"Okay then." She muttered, the sly smile still planted on her face. "Hey, do you think you could go take your friends order then? I'm really busy."

My eyes shot up, panicked. "Wait, what? I can't, I'm-"

"Finished with the dishes." Shelly raised an eyebrow at me. "Go."

"But you're bringing more in for me to wash-"

"No, I'm doing these, then I'm popping out to see Ryan in his office about the new coffee cups he purchased. They're shit."

"Shelly!" I hissed as she put down her trays and started to push me towards the door. "Shelly, no! You're about to ruin my life! Seirously, I can't go out there and talk to him-"

"Oh for goodness sake, you pussy." Shelly hiss whispered back. She spun me around to face her and frowned, her hands on her hips. "You are going to go out there and show him what he's missing."