Chapter Thirty | Dinner Confessions

I was nervous to enter my own damn house. The way my heart was punching a hole in my chest, sweat trickling out of the pores in my hands and under my armpits, my face feeling slightly pale, I looked at Sophie in horror and stopped just short of my closed front door, feeling too pathetic to try and hide my reaction to the fact the guy I had sex with was sitting inside with my brother, father and Godfather.

"What if they already know? What am I going to do?" I whispered hissed, and Sophie rolled her eyes, the greeny gold irises landing on me with a raised eyebrow. 

"You're not going to freak out like you are right now. Come on, let's just get inside the house first, then we'll worry about that later." 

I nodded in agreement, taking a deep breath before Sophie grabbed the door handle and flung the door inwards, a big grin lighting up her face as she stepped into my home. 

"Good evening family!" She said loudly, turning to glare at me, as if to say 'get in the fucking house'. I gulped again, quickly following her, trying to calm my racing heart.

"Hey, Soph." Dad laughed from somewhere in the house. I could hear other voices too, all male, sounding like they were having a good time. We walked together into the opening of the open floor lounge, and my heart got stuck in my throat the instant my eyes landed on who my mind had been thinking about all damn day.

Flynn was casually sprawled in one of our armchairs, his face lit up with laughter as he chuckled with Marley over something dad and Stan were arguing about. His eyes moved suddenly, as if aware mine were on him, and then Flynn's were holding my contact, his grin growing wider the instant he saw me. 

I was as red as a firetruck, but I managed a smile back as the others turned to look at us, dad's face looking warmly up at me. I sighed in relief. Good. He didn't know yet. 

I was going to tell him tonight, trust me. He was going to ask where I stayed last night regardless, but I still wanted to be the one to tell him. 

"Hey honey,"

"Hi dad." I smiled, my eyes glancing over to Stan, who was waggling his eyebrows at me. I glared at him, grabbing Sophie's hand as I dragged her towards the stairs. "We're going to get changed, my work uniform smells funny."

"And my clothes are...fine. I don't need to change." Sophie frowned, looking down at her jeans and sweater. 

"You still need help getting changed, Harls? I thought you had learnt how to do that by now." Marley shook his head slowly, a smirk appearing on his increasingly good looking features.

I flipped him the finger quickly, releasing Sophie's arm as she made her way into the lounge and took a seat on the floor next to the fireplace. I huffed out a breath, turning on my heel to run up the stairs. 

Once I reached my room, I told myself to get a grip on the situation at hand. I needed to calm down at act normal, like I always did on Sunday dinner nights. Just because Flynn and I were now dating, didn't change how I should act around my family. 

I was only this nervous because my dad didn't know yet, but still. 

Sighing, I shrugged out of my black work shirt and jeans, pulling on a pair of leggings and a royal blue loose tank top. Checking my reflection in my mirror quickly, I left my room again, taking the stairs as I told myself not to freak out too much.

"...that a hickey on your neck, Flynn?" 

Oh god. I was done for.

"Ah, no, it's a mosquito bite. I slapped at it too hard, and gave myself a bruise."