Chapter Thirty Nine | We Must Be The Pedophile And The Rugrat

By the time Flynn killed the engine outside his apartment complex, I was in a full fledged murderous mode. 

How dare he drag me out of my house, manhandle me into his police cruiser, and take me away to his apartment. How dare he seem so casual about it. How dare he look so good while doing it.

How dare he.

The second he opened my door, I was going to kick him in the balls and make sure they were that bruised, he wouldn't be able to sit for a month.

My door swung open, and there was my chance. I kicked out blindly in the general direction of Flynn's crotch, waiting to hear the grunt of pain from my heel hitting his private parts. I felt a small flicker of guilt, but I pushed it down as my leg fully stretched out as far as it could go-

A hand closed around my ankle, and Flynn's body bent down, his glare nailing me to the seat. "Really? That's low, Harls."

I growled at him, twisting my body until I was lying along the backseat, Flynn tugging at my ankle to get me out of the cruiser. 

"Stop being so difficult!" He yelled as he grabbed the other ankle to yank my body halfway out of the car. 

"Stop trying to molest me!" I screamed back. 

"Molest you? God, Harlow, I only want to talk!" 

My only response was a grunt as he finally dragged me out into the fading daylight, hoisting me up by the hips and shutting the door, pushing me against it as his arm winched around my waist and the other wrapped around my neck, my feet only just brushing the ground.

I was being held in such a dominant position, but I didn't shudder from fear. 

Far from it, actually.

"Have you finished throwing a tantrum, or should I go find your pacifier?" He growled out, knowing full well the child joke would get under my skin like no other.

And although I knew he said it only to get a reaction, I fell right into the trap anyway.

"Do you really want to go there, Officer Morgan?" 

"I called you a child because you're acting like one."

"Well then we must be the pedophile and the rugrat. How fucking romantic." 

Flynn's face darkened, his thunderous blue eyes locked on mine in a stare so smouldering I could almost feel myself turn to ash right there, up against the police cruiser. His hands dropped to my hips, his body already tight against mine as he leaned forward even more, his nose almost brushing mine. 

"Just come inside." 

"Will you stop manhandling me if I do?" 

Flynn closed his eyes, his mouth moving the tiniest bit as he counted to ten in his head. I was doing his head in, I could tell, but I was having too much of a freak out for his reaction to truly take place in my mind. 

All I knew was that he was too close and too much and too beautiful right now, and he needed to let go of me before I would never let him forever.

I could sense the change in him when he slowly stepped away, keeping a tight hold on my wrist as he started walking towards the front doors to his apartment. Hopefully, none of his neighbours saw that whole exchange happen, because a; they would think Flynn was a creepy, weird police officer with nothing better to do with his time then drag girls into his home or b; that I'm his phsycotic girlfriend who is making a scene when she shouldn't be.

Neither of those options were even remotely appealing, so I was hoping good old Mrs Manson three stories up decided not to peek out of her blinds tonight.