Chapter 9

a/n: This chapter has not been rewritten, please be patient with me and I'll work on getting the new one posted soon :)

Cas left soon after dropping that bombshell and I sat down on your confused. He promised to be back later with more information.

"Is there anything I can do, kiddo?" Red asked, once we were alone.

"I just... I need some time to think." I said, which was true. I needed to think about what Cas said, why Liz was now here, and about these feelings that I've been having. Also, why the hell does Broom hate me. The first time we met he was all 'You'd be a perfect fit... blah blah blah... secret FBI stuff.' After that it was all of a sudden 'You don't belong here... you should leave." God, I was so confused and surprised, and honestly, in a bit of a rage. Needless to say I was pissed, not only at Broom, but just at life and wanting answers.

In light of this new rage I decided to act and go find Broom. I knew I wasn't going to get answers about Liz or this whole grace thing so I figured he was my best bet. After getting out of bed and throwing a jacket on over my t-shirt and leggings I snuck out into the library. Abe's tank was empty and the whole room had a cold feel to it. I found Broom standing at a podium flipping through an ancient book with his back turned to me.

"Why do you hate me?" I asked innocently, the lack of sleep showing in my voice.

He turned around, startled. He signed when he saw it was me.

"Be honest. When you first met me you said I would be a perfect fit, now you're trying to get rid of me. What did I ever do to you?" I asked quietly, holding back tears that I would not allow to spill. He took a step away from his podium and closer to me.

"I don't hate you..." He said, signing again. "It's just that you were a hunter."

"How is that relevant at all?" I argued.

"Hunters seem to adopt a certain lifestyle; a transient one with a fascination for sex and alcohol, with commitment issues when it comes to relationships." He said, tip toeing around what he really wants to say.

"What exactly are you trying to say? That I'm some whore? Because I'm not, I've only been with two guys in my life, and one was my fiancé. If you'd seen some of the things I have, I bet you'd take up a lot more than drinking. Yes, I was a hunter, and with that I've seen a lot of crap, and the only way for me to deal with that was drinking. I don't know how many people I've seen killed: children, families, even friends. To be able to forget about that, even for a couple hours, well, that's worth the liver poisoning." I defended myself.

"I see the way my son looks at you, and as a father naturally I care about his well being. My fear is that you don't have a capacity for that kind of commitment in you, and you're going to leave him heartbroken. I'm going to be gone soon and I want to trust that you're going to stick around to take care of him when I'm gone." Broom said. I looked to the floor as this conversation took an emotional twist.

"It's not that I don't like you, I just don't like the idea of someone as beautiful as you leaving him and him being worse off than he was before. I'm worried that you're like the rest of the women out there who take one look at him and run, who don't give it a chance to find out what lies underneath. I need to leave my son in good hands and i need that to be you or Liz." He said. I immediately looked up when he said Liz.

"You think I'm going to leave just because Liz has so many times before?" I asked, reading into this. He signed and didn't reply.

"I think you're capable of being the hands I leave my son in, as long as you choose him over the Winchesters. I can't have you staying for a year and then leaving to crisscross the country to pick up where you left off before you lost your memories." I took a deep breath.