Chapter 2 (Rewritten)

New York City (A.P.'s POV)

    When I awoke the next morning, I had nearly forgotten about the peculiar events the night before. Never in a million years would I have expected this to be the path I was on. But I wasn't scared... okay maybe a little, but all the things worth doing scare us a little bit, right?

    I glanced down to the laceration on my arm, it wasn't that deep to begin with but I expected a little more blood when I removed my bandages. Hell, I expected blood at all, but all I saw was a thin red scar. Strange. Maybe it was a lot less deep than I thought, it almost didn't make sense.

    I didn't have much time to dwell on the thought as my phone rang from its resting place on my catch-all table by the front door. As I rushed over to pick it up, my brows furrowed when the caller ID showed up as "Withheld".

"Parrish." I answered hesitantly.

"Goodmorning, this is Professor Broom. I was very pleased with our meeting yesterday and I believe you'll be a valuable asset on our team." I recognized his accent immediately and smiled, my eyes traveling down to the scattered items on my table.

"Thank you, sir." I spoke, my eyes landing on a picture frame below. I picked it up, glancing off at the photograph within, immediately being reminded of that night.

"If you're available, this afternoon would be a good opportunity to come and meet the team." Broom offered.

"I'd love to." I nodded, still lost in thought staring at the photograph. A static thing, but in my mind, it was filled with so much movement. I could see myself spinning in his arms, happy, smiling. That was the night he proposed to me, and it was the happiest day of my life. I thought it would be the two of us together against the world forever, Paul Manning and I. No one could have expected forever to get cut so short.

"Excellent. We're located in the Squeaky Clean Waste Management Services building in Newark. Buzz into box 103. Another recruit out of the academy, Agent Myers will be arriving at 6:00 if you'd like to join him. " He instructed the building name causing me to raise a brow, well that's one way to hide in plain sight. Hell of a cover story.

"That's perfect, I'll be there." I smiled, this was really happening.

As Broom ended the call, I placed the picture frame pack onto it's home, my eyes lingered for a moment more... I hope you'd be proud, my love.

B.P.R.D (A.P.'s POV)

At six o'clock on the dot, I arrived in a cab to the address Broom had given me. As I approached the gate I saw a man getting off his motorcycle, likely the agent Broom mentioned.

"Agent Myers." I announced, getting his attention as I got closer. He turned around, his eyes landing on  me. I could tell he was nervous, he smiled softly. I couldn't deny he was attractive, in a sort of fresh blood just out of the academy sort of way.

"Agent Parrish, it's a pleasure to meet you. I've heard a lot about you, your resume is impressive." He shook my hand.

"Oh you're too kind. Adelaide is fine." I smiled, dropping the formalities.

"Well, I'm just John then." He nodded, turning to press box 103 on the call board.

"What is it?" An annoyed female voice came through.

"John Myers and Adelaide Parrish, FBI." He spoke, I could tell he was hesitant because of the odd location as well.

The metal folded down, revealing a computer screen and retina scanner. I expected no less from a Special Ops division. It scanned both of our eyes, flashing a bright light, leading the golden gate to creak open with squeak.