Chapter 45~ Blank Space.

I return home and hear a strange silence. Everyone must have gone home.
"Ed?!" I call through the house. I find a ginger mop of hair in a pair of hands in the lounge. I sit down next to him and place a hand on his knee. "Babe?" I ask again and he shakes his head.
"I've f***** up Tay. I know it, I knew I couldn't cope having a child." He lifts his head from his hands and looks at me.
I take his face in my hands and kiss him, with a whole load of passion.
"You have no idea how much that child wants you in her life, she needs you Ed. Trust me, I love you."
"I love you too Taylor,"
"Okay, thanks. See ya!" I hear the echo of Arri's voice along the corridor. She enters, with pizza boxes.
"Well you weren't gonna make anything were you? Now quit making out or no one gets pizza," A tells us and we separate quickly, she smiles passing two boxes over and sitting next to me.
We eat and watch movies and I watch as Arri's head falls downwards as she falls asleep, despite normally having her on me she decided that tonight was Ed's turn. Her head lays on Ed's lap and he looks down, a dumbfounded look on his face.
"W-why?"
"Because she loves you," I tell him, kissing his cheek before taking the empty boxes to the kitchen. I watch as he takes her body upstairs, carrying it just like I would. I follow him up and lean against the doorframe as he lays her down in bed in her sweatpants and shirt. He kisses her forehead, turns off the light and meets me at the door.
"You're a natural, now all we need to do is get you to chat to the social workers and you have a child. Your child, Ed."
We both slip under the covers and I feel him drag my body closer to his as we fall asleep.
I wake up the next morning and look around. I narrow my eyes and get up anyways, I make my way into the kitchen and see Ed cooking up bacon.
"A's got today off work," I start up conversation as I sit on the bar stool by the breakfast bar.
"That's great. She does have a tough job, really. I feel sorry for her,"
"Awe! Well I guess she hasn't seen Shawn for 3 months. You should here their FaceTimes and Skypes, they're the cutest things ever."
"Aha, now can you do the eggs?"
"Do I have a choice,"
"No babe,"
"You're annoying,"
"I know,"
"Morning baby girl," I smile as A walks in, still in her pyjamas too.
"Morning," She sighs, "5 days."
"When do I get to listen to this album of yours?" I ask and she shrugs, "What does it even look like?"
"I'm not telling you," She answers simply and Ed laughs.
"You were the same," He tells me and I smack his upper arm. "Ow!"
"How's Shawn?" Ed asks and A flinches.
"Can you not?"
"A, Ed was only asking." I warn and she bites her lip and I walk round and hug her.
"I'm sorry little one," Ed hugs her too as I dish up the breakfast.
"Nah, I guess it's just difficult. We talked for 5 minutes yesterday,"
*5 days later*
Arri's POV:
I'm awoken by jumping on my bed and sit up, puzzled.
"Hi, Ev." I say as she gets under the covers too.
"Hello!" Who's full of beans today?
"Arri? Do you know where Ev is? Oh there you are missy! 1 sec A," Mom wanders in, picks up Ev and walks out.
She strolls back in, holding a cake with the words 'Eyes Wide Open' on the top.
"Congrats baby girl," She smiles at me and I smile back, handing her the first copy. I had been hiding it under my bed for weeks.
"Yes!" Mom jumps around as I tie my hair on the top of my head.
"Yeah whatever," I sigh, picking up my phone. Ev sits on my lap and sucks her thumb as I scroll through my Instagram, seeing various pictures of Shawn, Peyton, Corey, T, Ed, Selena, Abi and then Mom. More people send me pictures of them with it and I laugh at the faces the pull.
I get changed before we go to Ellen. Yes, hence we are in LA it's just the perfect time to drop in.
It's not long before we are called to set and are planted on the sofa.
"Taylor... How did this one happen?" Ellen asks as Ev sits on Mom's lap, still sucking her thumb.
Then it's my turn.
"Hello Arri,"
"Hey,"
"So anything important occurring today?"
"Nah, not really."
"Well, I saw this album Eyes Wide Open at the store and picked it up. So it's handwritten, your debut and all about a wonderful man. He's called Shawn also,"
"What's the aim here?" I ask.
"To get you to look behind you,"
I spin my head and see Shawn. I leap up from my seat and run over to him. He picks me up and spins me in the air.
"Woah, Taylor you mind playing Love Story?"
"God, yes!" I listen to them chat as we walk back over.
"Hey Shawn,"
"Hey Ellen,"
"Arri, now as it's your release day some other people have been invited to join this little party. It's Topanga, Corey, Lucas, Maya and Farkle... Or Danielle, Ben, Peyton, Teagan and Corey and then either way August." My hands fly to my mouth as they enter followed by two fingers that prod my sides and I turn round to see Ed, Abi and Selena.
Mom looks just as shocked as I do and is out of her seat in a second to make out with Ed.
"No lip lock needed Sweeran!" Me and Selena shout to them as Ellen laughs.
"So... Fancy partying with our audience?" Ellen asks the second the show is over.
"Can I say no?" I ask and she hugs me.
"You're a great girl A,"
"Thanks," I smile, genuinely.
I'm soon tugged away by someone else to an empty space backstage.
"You have no idea how much I've wanted to do this for," With that Shawn's lips are on mine and I tingle at his touch round my jawbones.
"I love you," He grins at me as he pulls away.
"I love you too,"
"Awwi?" I look down to see Ev.
"Yup,"
"Why you kiss?" We laugh and I crouch down to her.
"Because me and Shawn are very good friends,"
"Like Mommy and Daddy?"
"Yeah, just like them."
I guess I have no more blank spaces to fill.