Chapter 4: Lothaurl Alley Madness

Drake scanned first the place where he'll buy his school requirements. The whole place seems so normal and "unmagical" for Drake, except for the people dressed in strange clothing and the names of the stores which are really can be found in fictional stories.

Drake eyed the place store after store with amazement. The thin pale boy just stood in his spot for a moment... not until an orange cat came leaping to him.

"Henrik! Come back here!", yelled a fat bloke pertaining to the cat.

"Oh, there you are. I'm so sorry for my cat. He's a bit frightened by a rat we saw earlier.", said the fat boy to Drake while picking up the cat.

"It's alright. I'm fine.", answered Drake.

"I'm really sorry. I should go now, my brother is waiting for me. My name is Rick. See you later! And by the way that's a nice hairstyle.", said the fat boy in a fast manner while running away from Drake.

Drake just smiled to the boy and began to unroll the piece of parchment given by Emily. The list contains a lot of items which are a "little questionable" to a normal human's mind, but after what Drake witnessed the past hours, the uneasiness brought by these things started already to wear off.

He started to read aloud the list of requirements like a Kindergarten student.

"Students going to Trantrumeria Academy of Magic should be able to obtain the items before the departure of the Trantrumeria Academy of Magic School Bus on the first of September at the 69th Station. The items needed are as follows: (book) Sorcery and Its Limits by Anton Satore, (book) The Art of Countercursing and Defensive Spells by Luis Van Rhygard, (book) Potion Making and Its Importance by Mereana Heartfig, (book) Magical and Mythological Creatures Encyclopedia by Mereana Heartfig, (book) Wizarding History Explained by Pountery Blick, (book) Basic Spells for First Years in the World of Magic by Luis Van Rhygard, 3 school cloaks, 1 dress cloak, 1 wand seed, 1 medium sized cauldron, 1 ladle, 1 pot (for planting), 3 vials, parchment papers, quill, ink...", said Drake while he tousle his hair because of frustration of what he should buy first.

The list is filled of items which Drake do not know if he will need it, but as far as he knew, this new world of him is no extraordinary place so he just started to look for stores who have those items.

"What store sells cloaks?", he asked himself.

He started to read the stores' names that is laid in front of him hoping to find his necessity, "Morgana's Herbs and Magical Plants...Wendelin's Witchcraft Antiques... Aha! Caroline's Cloaks and Coats!"

Drake ran to the said store and gently opened the door. Bells rang after he pushed the wooden door. Not after a minute he stepped inside the store, an old lady came springing in front of him.

"Looking for anything, my dear?", said the old lady which Drake assumed as the owner of the store.

"I will buy school cloaks and a dress cloak please.", said Drake in a polite manner.

"Oh! What school, young lad?", questioned the lady.

"Trantrumeria", said Drake in a monotone while he sighted the walls of the store with amazement.

"Trantrumeria? Oh! I still remember the day I stepped in its grounds; the first day I learned magic...", said the old woman.