Chapter 3: Pantavir's Bank

Drake caught sight of thousands of golden eggs with sizes of a basin. He inched closer to one of it near the gate. He was about to touch it when...

"Don't touch it!", yelled Emily.
"Why?"
"You know they are too good to be true. Those are traps."
"Why will anyone put golden eggs as traps? And how can they even know that I touched it?", protested Drake.

"The owner of the place cannot, but the owner of eggs will.", stated Emily.

"Huh?", asked Drake in a quizzical tone.

"If you touch one of those, you will be pursued by the vicious Mistress Elena of the Shadow Swamp and she will not stop chasing you not until she ripped your body into pieces."

"Who is who?", asked Drake.
"Mistress Elena, the first dark elf to be an animorphus."
"Animorphus?"
"Animorphus are magical creatures who can transform themselves into one certain animal."

Drake nodded, "I get it. So this dark elf can transform into some egg-laying animal?"
"Yep. She's the famous golden goose."

"Uh-huh. But why would anyone put this doomsday eggs around their business?"
"It's simple. You know what are goblins?"
"From what I heard in stories they are greedy creatures."

"That's the answer to your question. Goblins will do anything just to get anything that sparkles.", stated Emily
"Oooh", said Drake.
"Just don't touch it.", said Emily.

The two headed to the front desk of the bank which is as wide as a ship and as tall as a skyscraper.

"Good morning. What can I do for you two?", asked a squeaky voice.

"We'll gonna withdraw from vault 684.", answered Emily.

"Okay. May I have the key little fair lady?", asked again the squeaky voice. Emily chuckled.

Much to Drake's horror, a very big hand came from above.

"Colfer, give him the quill.", demanded Emily.

"Here it is.", said Drake handing the quill to the giant hand.

"So who is the owner?", asked the squeaky voice.

"Me.", said Drake.

"Please wait for some moment.", said the squeaky voice.

The thing at the desk stood up, revealing a giant whose size is uhmm... bigger than they are.

"So the small voice is the giant's?", whispered Drake to Emily.

"Weird", Drake added .
"I told you."
"What?", said Drake blushing.

"That you'll gonna witness more peculiarity."
"Ugh, aren't giants have a big security problem as big as they are?"

"What made you say that?", said Emily while they watch the giant sort some files.

"Because they're too big and small creatures easily can creep in and steal some stash.", stated Drake.

"Don't worry about them, they are literally born with an eye at their back.", said Emily.

"Eww, that's awful I think.", said Drake.

"That makes two of us.", said Emily.

"Follow me Mr. Drake. Fair lady, please remain here.", said the giant.

"Fine with me.", answered Emily.

The giant turned around and Drake gasped. Yeah, just like what he said earlier, it's awful. A big reddish eye rests on the back of the giant. Drake watched the eye squirming with disgust. He jumped to his thoughts when the giant faced to his direction and signaled him to follow the giant.