Chapter 7: The Envoy of the Evil

"Here is the summary of the Sunder Ceremony. Please correct me if I made a mistake, and please do raise your hand when I called your name.", said Professor Altronov.

"Antiochgarpher, Brenda - Piscium Cognatum;
Armaulk, Eren - Tigris Cognatum;
Avery, Hannah - Tigris Cognatum;
Benuila, Ronald - Piscium Cognatum;
Burton, Alexander - Sor Cognatum;
Cleaveshot, Rebecca - Tigris Cognatum;
Codcreek, Clyde - Serpens Cognatum;
Coggertle, Susan - Serpens Cognatum;
Cuaningcomb, Steven - Piscium Cognatum;
Dufflesong, Angelica - Sor Cognatum;
Eaveson, Miranda - Serpens Cognatum;
Fergus, Tom - Tigris Cognatum
Flamel, Drake - Serpens Cognatum;", said Professor Altronov and gave Drake a short nod.

"Greenstorn, Rick… ", Professor Altronov continued. "Sor Cognatum;
Hampshire, Ignacius - Serpens Cognatum;
Higgins, Summer - Serpens Cognatum;
Lungsweep, Mary - Piscium Cognatum…"

* * * * *

While the students started their journey to becoming a wizard, an evil entity made the first step for the succession of her plans.

"Speculus, show me my dear… show me the person that will complete the prophecy.", she said while she brushed the surface of a darkened mirror softly.

"Oh Mirror of Truth, show me what I plead; Oh Mirror of Truth, show me what I dread.", she chanted.

Dark smoke seemed to whirl inside the mirror. Short moments later,an image of a raven-haired boy appeared inside the mirror while talking to a stout fat boy.

"Yes, yes! Do it. Do it!", she exclaimed.

* * * * *

"What took you so long to get out of the maze?", questioned Rick while he rummaged through his luggage.

"I don't know.", answered Drake. "I really don't know what caused me to be trapped there for I think 20 minutes. Is it? Then Professor Altronov came an-"

"20 minutes?! You were out there for almost 3 hours!", exclaimed Rick.

"That can't be… I was just there for a short time!", said Drake. "Oh, and did you know that I…", Drake trailed. He wasn't sure if he can tell Rick about the manticore thing, but he decided not to since he's still doubting if it really punctured his shoulder.

"What is it?", said Rick while they followed the trail of the students leading to the main hall.

"No, nothing. I was just about to ask where the Serpens Dormitory is. You know, I just got sorted with the Codcreek and the Ignacius guy as their roommate.", said Drake.

"That's awful. That Ignacius Hampshire, you should avoid him.", said Rick while he handed his luggage to a goblin peasant.

"By the way, this is a goblin peasant. They will bring our luggages to our respective dormitories. They are paid workers of wizards."

"Here's mine.", said Drake warmly.

The goblin didn't uttered a word and took Drake's luggage; and with a snap of the goblin's hand, followed by a loud crack, the goblin and the luggages evanesced in the air.

After the duo chatted regarding goblin rights and goblins' "greed creed", they finally reached the main hall, at last.

All first years seemed to drool over the amazing structure before their eyes. The circular hall was illuminated by a big mystical ball of fire on the ceiling that seemed cease to exist, as it was painted magically with the image of the sky which matches the weather outside, according to Rick.