Chapter 6: The Sunder Ceremony

After Drake and Rick heard some of Ignacius' pleads to the conductor, they finally decided to go back to their seats since the commotion finally dispersed.

"I heard that Ignacius is a son of a dark wizard.", whispered Rick while he clambered to his seat.

"But that doesn't mean that he is one, right?", said Drake.

"I don't know… Maybe he has the guts to be one, like his father.", answered Rick in disbelief. "Ooh, the food cart!", yelled Rick while he eyed an old lady push a cart full of food.

"Going to buy anything?", questioned the old woman in a happy tone.

"I'd like an Apple Tart, a bag of Meadow Pastilles, 2 slices of Custard Cake and some Honey Juice.", stated Rick in an "overly-excited" way.

"An Apple Tart, Meadow Pastilles, 2 Custard Cakes and a cup of Grimey Juice…", recited the old lady while rummaging the content of the cart.
"That's 4 slates and 9 brans."

"It's honey juice.", corrected Rick politely while he handed the amount to the old lady.

"Pardon me.", said the old lady while she gave the goods to Rick.
"How about you?", asked the old lady to Drake.

"I just want to try some Grimey Juice.", said Drake.

"Here it is, for 24 brans.", said the old lady while she handed the cup to Drake.

The duo said their gratitude to the old woman as she walked away from their seat. Rick immediately started munching through the food.

"You're so brave, Drake.", said Rick while he ate a slice of cake only in one bite.

"How come?", interrogated Drake.

"You just ordered a cup of Grimey Juice! That's why… even my grandma hates it.", said Rick, still eating.

"How can a cup of juice be harmful to me?", said Drake while he drank the juice… that he regretted the moment it reached his tongue.

* * * * *

Hours passed swiftly as Rick told to Drake things essential to know about the magical world but the disgusting taste of the grimey juice still lingered to Drake's mouth.

The sun seemed to wave goodbye as the bus entered a thick canopy of trees. Shadow-like creatures brushed the windows of bus.

"Don't mind them Drake. They say that they are omens of safety.", stated Rick.

"But what are they?", questioned Drake in a puzzled tone.

"Ghosts of the deceased, living shadows, mana residuals… nobody knows what really they are. However, they are called Lloronas.", answered Rick.

"Can they spe-", Drake's "quiz-o-mania" was interrupted when the bus shook and blasted in an abrupt speed downwards. "Holy cow!", the only words that Drake managed to say while he heard some screams from other students and from Rick.

He looked through the glass window beside him and he saw the most peculiar sight but for him, it's just another "magical mystery".

The bus apparently fell to a wide hole that has a depth of who knows how much. The wall of the hole is filled with clocks ticking backwards in a fast manner. Random things like a piano, tables, plates, chairs, playing cards, apples, baskets and carrots fall with the bus. Those are just the few, name it… the hole has it.

The bus finally started to slow down after a few moments and the tires eventually touched again the road. However, the place where they arrived is totally different from the "upper" part of the world.