Chapter 2: A Really Long Way

Drake woke up earlier from the dream about the tree as it instills fear to him, but nobody can ruin his day as somebody will pick him up later.

He took a bath and ate his breakfast swiftly because of excitement not just because of the "tour" but also because he will finally attend a school.

"Where will Miss Emily take me?", he thought smiling as he imagined Miss Emily, probably of age of Professor Altronov while he comb his unruly hair.

He again heard another loud crack which gave him a shriek. He already knew that this was his facilitator.

He jumped to his senses and quickly ran toward downstairs. He was surprised that there is no old woman in their living room but a girl by his age.

The girl's white straight hair flowed smoothly through the air as he faced Drake.

"Nice place.", the girl said. "Um--- hello? Earth to herk boy."
"Oh, I am sorry. I am just er... a little bit sleepy. Yeah, that's it."
The girl cocked a brow at Drake.
Drake cleared his throat as his cheek reddened. "So, good morning, my name is Drake Colfer."

The girl replied, "Yes, yes, I know that. My name is-"
Drake cut her words as he held out a hand, "So where is Miss Emily? Are you with her?"
The girl shook his hand and said, "I was just about to tell you when you interrupted me in a non-likeable manner."

"Pardon me.", he replied.
"Ugh, accepted. My name is Emily Coherrine."
"You mean, you are my tour guide?", Drake said in an unreadable expression.
"Excuse me, I am not a tour guide. Professor Altronov wants me to er- exclusively guide and help you with your requirements.", scowled Emily.

"By the way, don't be so stupid and move already, I have many chores to do. Oh, and you'll not mind if a girl will tour you around, will you?", she added.

"Of- of course I will not.", Drake answered in embarrassment.
"If that's the case, then let us go.", stated Emily.

Emily ushered Drake towards a Golden Carriage with two white stallions.

"Are you gonna take me around or you're planning me to take to a ball?", Drake said.

"Don't be so silly Colfer. This is the fastest way to anywhere I'm sure it is.", the girl said.

"Can't we get vehicles that are less suspicious?", Drake questioned.

"Whatever, just step inside the carriage.", Emily answered.
The two entered the carriage and sat face to face.

"Where are we going exactly Emily?", asked Drake.
"Will you please call me Miss Emily?"
"Er- sorry."
"We are going to Louthaurl Alley."
"Where exactly is this place Miss Emily? You know, the place that you think I know the location from here to there so I can estimate the time we'll take to travel."
"London."
Drake gasped, "What?!"
"I said London."
"But we're in South Dakota. How can we get there if the carriage's not even moving? And if it did, I don't really know how to swim.", Drake exclaimed.

"LOTHAURL ALLEY!", Emily yelled.
"Hey, what's with you?", Drake asked.
"Get out of the carriage. Now.", the white haired girl said.
"But-", Drake said.
"Get out!"

"This is the end", he said to himself. " I just met the person that will lead me finally into a school but I pissed her." he added. He mentally slapped his face and got up from his seat.

"Sorry", Drake muttered in a low teary voice. "I just don't know why I say lots of rubbish things today. My sarcasms are enough to drown everyone. Sorry Miss Emily." He remembered his mother with no particular reason. He grimaced at the memory and got out of the carriage.