Chapter 3: Looks can be deceiving

Chapter 3

Nick’s POV

            Who does Emma think she is? Yeah she’s got that amazing smile, that banging body and those eyes. But really, she’s not worth it. Not for Derek at least.

            “Dude, why does it look like you’re trying to figure out a math question?” Zach asked.

            “Yeah quarterback! It’s time to focus,” Derek smirked.

            “We gonna kill it or what?” Zach said giving a round of high fives to everyone in the locker room.

            “D-” I started.

            “Nick! I get it,”

            “What?” I gave him a confused look.

            “I know you don’t like Emma. It’s obvious,”

            “No, you got this all wrong,” I shook my head and paused, “well...” He doesn’t have it completely wrong. I don’t like Emma at this moment.

            “Look, you don’t need to like Emma. Just respect her, that’s all I ask,” he shrugged.

            I paused, “how can I respect her when Cara told me that she hooked up with Matt?”

            There was the lie. I don’t feel particularly good about lying, but it’s for his own good. I’m doing the dude a favour here!

            Derek thought about it, “Cara’s not a reliable source and I trust that Emma wouldn’t cheat on me” He stated putting on his cleats.

            “That’s what you think, but you know people lie, a lot,”

            Derek rolled his eyes, “Yeah, no shit. Emma wouldn’t cheat on me. That’s not her.”

            “Looks can be deceiving,”

            Derek and Zach exchanged confused looks then busted out laughing.

            “Who the fuck are you?” Zach asked.

            “I think he’s gone soft,” Derek commented.

            Me, soft? “Hey! I’m not the whipped one Kessler,” I smirked.

            Zach nodded in agreement, “that is true!”

            “I am not whipped!” Derek protested.

            “Oh yeah? When was the last time you got laid dude?” I challenged. Nobody calls Nick Hanson soft.

            Derek didn’t respond.

            “That’s what I thought,”

            “Derek, it’s time to work the charm. My party’s tonight and you’re going to get laid. Alright?” Zach said.

            Derek smirked, “You never know, right?”

            “That’s the spirit buddy!”

             Parties are also the best time to do some major dirty work. And as much I would like Derek to finally get laid, it’s easy to say something like that will not stop me from giving what Emma truly deserves.

Brotip #551- know what you want in life. Don’t let your plan b distract you from plan a.

 I’d watch out Emma, because you’re done!

Emma’s POV

            “You know, I find it funny that Nick Hanson, of all people, is threatening you,” Terra said as we watched our football team absolutely raping the other team.

            “I’m glad you find it amusing because I’m actually scared what Nick is planning. He may date bimbos, but he’s not stupid. He’s in four of my university classes, including advanced functions. Who knew the guy was good at math?” 

            “Now, that’s surprising! He really is perfect in every way,” she signed.

            “Talking about Nick Hanson?” Brooke, my other really good friend, asked with a smirk. Blond hair and blue eyes, she’s like every girls perfect Barbie.

            “I’d show him a good night,” Terra said, “you know, if I had the chance.”

            “Sorry, Terra, but he is so overrated!” Brooke stated.

            “Um, thank you! Someone finally agrees with me,”

            “That’s because you’ve slept with Nick already, you little slut!” Terra said jokingly.

            Brooke laughed, “I guess I had that one coming.”

            “Alright girls! Time to get out on that field,” our coach said.

            The guys were all gather at the bench and I tried looking for the #2 jersey.

            “You look lost,” a masculine voice said behind me.

            I turn around to face the one, the only, Nick Hanson.

            “Well I’m not,” I said trying to put up a mean exterior. With Nick, you can’t show him your weakness. That’s the same in high school. You show that you’re weak and it’s the one thing people will use to tear you down.

            “Em,” he started flicking his sweaty hair out of his eyes, “about what I said earlier--”

            “I got it Nick, loud and clear,” I said sarcastically.

            He put a hand on my shoulder, “I didn’t mean it.”

            You know when something is off, but you don’t know what. Nick seemed sincere by his words and tone; however I have that gut feeling.

            “So, you’re not going to convince Derek to break up with me?”

            He shook his head, “not my business right?”

            I nodded. It’s funny, because I remember Nick saying that, and I quote, “when you mess with Derek, you’re messing with me”.

            “So, we’re cool?” he asked holding his arms out for a hug.

            “Yeah, we’re cool,”

            When something’s too good to be true, it probably is.

***

First off, I have been getting good feedback on this story :) so I will keep uploading. and there will be alot of uploads in August because I'll be at home.. probably doing nothing. This chap is boring.. but I promise the next one is alot better because it'll be the party.. omg ;) Drama, drama

vote comment <3

xo LO