Chapter 5: Everything's Not What it Seems

Chapter 5

Emma’s POV

            The sun blinded my face. I rolled over to bury my face in the pillow. I’m so stupid! I let Nick get to me and he’s definitely the one to blame for this killer hangover.

            Someone groaned beside me. God, please let that be Derek.

            I peak over the pillow to see messy, curly light brown hair. My heart dropped because there is no way that that’s Derek. Not the sleek dark hair I love on Derek.

            He was shirtless: quite built, probably an athlete.

            I don’t even remember anything after Nick telling me to have some fun. Did I hook up with some random guy? Was I acting like a slut? I wouldn’t know if you asked. Which makes everything that much worse. I don’t remember half the night, and I’ve learned that a careless action usually comes to bite you in the ass.

            “Ugh, what the hell happened last night?” he turned onto his back rubbing his eyes. Buddy, that’s what I’d like to know.

            Wait, I know that voice. Everything fits together. The hair, the body and who can forget that charming, yet irritating voice.

            “Matt?” I said hoping it wasn’t him.

            He turned my way. His face going from tired to shock in an instant, “Fuck! Emma? Well I really know how to pick ‘em.”

            I put my face back into the pillow, “this is not happening! Seriously, alcohol turns me into a slut.” I turn on my back starring at the white ceiling.

            “So was I good, or was I good?” Matt asked with a cocky grin on his face.

            I rolled my eyes. Is he seriously joking around right now? “How would I know? I was hammered.”

            “Since when does Emma Morgan drink?” he asked surprised.

            “I guess you could say someone got to me and the drinks just kept on coming,”

            “So you’re not going to tell Derek about this?” Matt said like he already knew the answer.

            “This doesn’t leave the room Matt!” I stated, “There’s no way that Derek will find out about this.”

            “Yeah, yeah, the boyfriend. Like I haven’t heard that one before,”

            I got up from under the covers and looked for clothes, “Ew, Matt. I really don’t want to know about the girls you fuck on a daily basis.”

            “Derek is one lucky bastard,” Matt mumbled.

            I pull a large sweater over my body and turned to Matt, “why’s that?”

            He put his hands behind his head and grinned, “You’re hot and you don’t put out.”

            “Thanks, I think,” I walk out of the room making my way to the kitchen.

            I’ve only ever had sex once before in my life, and that was with Derek on my 16th birthday. That was when I was totally into Derek, and he was totally into me. But seriously, this doesn’t happen to me. I’m not easy, I barely drink or even party for that matter and I definitely am not a one night stand kind of girl. And to think I might’ve done the deed with Matt, just disgusts me.