Chapter 14: He Doesn't Have to Know

Nick’s POV

            My head was telling me no but I think we all know who won: my penis. Which was currently real happy about Emma’s hand placement. But then she got down on her knees and well, that’s when my brain started working.

            “Emma stop,” I said with all the will power I had in me.

            She looked up confused, “you want me to stop?”

            Trust me I don’t, “you’ve had a lot to drink. If you were sober right now, you wouldn’t. And I know you’ll regret it in the morning if you keep going.”

            “Wow, I didn’t know Nick Hanson cared.” She said a little on edge.

            “You’re not one of them Emma,”

            She rolled her eyes, “it’s not even that big of a deal Nick. It’s not like I’m with Derek anymore okay?”

            “You’re not one to get down on your knees like it’s your day job,”

            She laughed, “you think I’d do this for just anyone?”

            “It sure seemed like it 5 minutes ago,” I mumbled.

            Emma moved up to look me right in the eyes, “when are you going to get the hint that I’m actually in to you Nick?”

            This would happen to me.

I gulped, “What about Derek?” Dude, ex-boyfriend, and your best friend. Just keep repeating that buddy.

“What about Derek? He doesn’t have to know,” she smirked.

Before I could even logically think everything through, I was pulling Emma closer to me as her lips landed on mine. Then she moved to my jaw, then my neck and eventually unzipping my pants. And let me tell you, I had no complaints.

Brotip #1436- while making out, gradually pushing her face towards your lap does not increase your chance of getting head.

Emma’s POV

            I could barely keep my eyes open much less comprehend the Monday lesson on limits. After the party on Saturday, the morning after was a bitch. I had spent the majority of Sunday trying to get out of bed to start the piles of homework I still had left to finish.

            My eyes drifted to Nick who was taking notes and totally focused. How does he do it? And by that, I mean be a total babe and still getting A’s.

            For him it came easy. All of it. But for me, I had to work hard for everything.

            “Alright, you guys can leave. Have a good rest of your day.”

            I gathered all my stuff into my bag still with my head pounding.

            “So this weekend was fun huh?” I heard his voice next to me. I look up to see Nick Hanson smirking in all his glory.

            “Yeah, from what I can remember that is.” I smiled.

            His smile faded, “from what you remember?”

            I grinned, “don’t worry, I didn’t forget...you know.” I said referring to what had happen at the end of the night.

            His face instantly lit up, “hard to forget.” I grinned.

            We started to walk out of the class side by side. His shoulder touching mine.

            We didn’t have sex. That was one of the things we’d agreed that night to not do, yet. Everything else wasn’t exactly PG13. Because after awhile, the guilt I had wasn’t so strong. There was nothing holding me back after that.

            I was however still confused as to how Nick felt about this whole thing. He had clearly enjoyed it, just still didn’t feel quite right.

            But that’s a topic I wasn’t about to bring up anytime soon. “So, are you excited for outdoor Ed’s camping trip tomorrow?” I said changing the topic completely.

            “Missing school for 3 days, hell yeah. Although sleeping in tents with no actual phone service is a bit of a trade off.”

            “No kidding. There’s only so much of nature I could handle.”

            “There are perks,” he turned to me with that grin on his face, “we get to spend 3 days in the outdoors with nothing to do, except each other.”

            I grinned trying to hide the fact that I wanted to do exactly that.

            “Hey best friends!” Derek said while throwing this arms around Nick and mine’s shoulder.

            Weird. How did I go from “the slutty ex-girlfriend” to “best friend”? I thought he hated me.

            “Hey,” Nick dragged out, probably wondering the same thing.

            “Listen, I’ve been doing a lot of thinking lately.” Derek said seriously looking us both in the eyes.

            Nick and I looked at each other confused before looking back and nodding.

            “And it’s just, there’s been way too much bullshit lately. Let’s just put it all behind us.” He said looking me in the eyes specifically.

            “I’d like that,” I smiled.

            “Good,” Derek smiled back, “because I’ve really been a jerk to you Emma.”

            Okay, remind me again why I broke up with Derek. He was and always will be a sweetheart.

            “You have but I guess in a way I deserved it. So we’re even.”

            I looked over to Nick and had a look on his face that I couldn’t read.

            Derek laughed, “I guess we are. See you guys at lunch.”

            I couldn’t help but smile to myself. Even with the way Derek has been acting lately, his apology seemed to have made everything alright.

            “He could have just talk to you alone because clearly that was all for you.” Nick said.

            “I guess so but that was sweet of him.” I look down and back up just in time to see Nick roll his eyes.

            “That’s Derek alright. I swear that was the longest time he’s actually stayed mad at you.”

            I laughed thinking back to all the times we’ve fought. There were a few but none of them lasting more than a day. “You’re right and I love him for that.”

            Nick raised his eye brow.

            “Loved: past tense.”

            “Good.” Nick replied pulling me into a secluded part of the hallway. Looking down at me and twisting a piece of my hair, “because if it wasn’t then I wouldn’t be doing this.”

            He leaned down to meet my lips, one hand through my hair and the other landing on my lower back.

            I guess that was my answer. He wanted me just as much I wanted him. Well physically that is. 

****

Support me if you like <3