Ch.6: Surprise

Part VI

*

"And I still wonder, how someone can feel so lonely while loving and being loved."

*

Todd's POV:

I couldn't believe that my classes start tomorrow. I wasn't ready, and I certainly wasn't ready to fulfill the academic courses that every student needed to graduate.

I was a nervous wreck, that couldn't get out of bed throughout the morning. Hayes forcibly tried to get me out of my bed, but I wouldn't budge. (Gladly due to my bed's bars that I've held on to)

But Sam also did check on me and decided to stay with me, so he sat at my desk. He seemed pretty bored, I knew I was causing this, so I rolled onto my side and finally got up.

He grew a smile, and said something,

"Finally. Can we do something productive?"

"Like?"

"I don't know..." he sighed, "how about we watch Netflix and I'll cook again?"

"You're the best," I throw a small smile his way.

"I try to be."

I left my room with Sam and went downstairs to the living room. I didn't know where Aaron and Jack went off to, but I was filled with happiness knowing that I finally had the house to myself. Sam put on The Great Gatsby. I had already watched that movie countless times, and yet I still didn't grow tired of it. But I didn't acknowledge the ending, I couldn't understand why Daisy didn't go to his funeral, did she not love him? It always made me frustrated.

  I continued to watch the movie for about half an hour, until I got restless with Sam, I left to the kitchen after pressing pause on the television. I didn't want to be alone for this movie, maybe I didn't want to be alone at all.

"It's going to be finished soon," he says while stirring the pan on the stove.

"I've been waiting for you," I leaned against the refrigerator,

"I know. I'm sorry I ruined your relaxation day,"

"It's fine, I don't really care about that," I say, "I'm really excited to start my classes tomorrow,"

"I am too, only because I get to see you everyday," he grins indefinitely;

He turns off the stove, and hugs me silently.

"W-what're you doing?"

"Hugging you,"

"Why?"

"Why not? You're such an extraordinary person," he embraces me softly, "nonetheless the guy who I want to take to the upcoming dance next week."

His words broke my heart, I didn't know if it was because my mind was in half, or because of my feelings for Hayes.
He soon fully broke the hug, while apologizing to me. He then began to set the table after he filled the plates with gallons of food.

We ate in silence, but I wanted to continue to talk with Sam, but I couldn't bear breaking this uneasy awkwardness.

*

I looked at the mesmerizing sky that lit the midnight air. I lay on the grass beds that were a few feet away from the creek I saw not to long ago with Hayes. I needed some time alone, to clear my head and my thoughts. Sam is waiting for me at the unit, I made up an excuse for me leaving for a bit.
I closed my eyes listening to the night. I felt irritated like something was just out of place, and it really bothered me.
My eyes began to water, I strained them shut ignoring the migraine that was forming. I began screaming and shouting, I needed to rage I hit the ground with my feelings swirling within me, I cried but it was quickly blocked off by a voice.

"Toddy, will you please stop?"

I stared at him, with his gaze hovering over me. I didn't say anything but cover my face trying desperately to hide the fact that I was breaking down. The night felt so surreal.

He walked towards me, siting down next to me. He tried to comfort me by whispering things and soothing me, but my tears wouldn't stop. He wrapped his arms around me, and hugged me tightly.

We stayed there for an hour. We didn't move, I swear that the moon was crying that night. I couldn't hear anything other than the silence, we didn't do anything. But I was pretty sure that we both fell asleep through that time.

The night wasn't necessarily a masterpiece as I thought it would turn out to be but I felt calm about every situation that I faced during my time here. I think I was just sad about not wanting to hurt Sam in any way. He's a golden guy that deserves real gold, and yet I was just a penny that he picked up along the way.

I stared at him intently, I didn't acknowledge that he eventually fell asleep during our stay. But he was just so beautiful in all his ways that were unexplained. I touched his cheek softly, trying to stir him out of his sleep, he didn't seem to notice what I was doing. So I pushed him a bit gaining his consciousness once again.

He looked in me the eye, I swore I could feel myself shake nervously. I was quite, while he whispered things that were incoherent. He didn't seem to be fully awake, so I tickled his stomach gaining his full consciousness, he swiftly gained dominance by bringing both my hands over my head. His gaze was eating me alive, I couldn't help but whimper. He slowly limped down towards my body, resting on my stomach. He clutched my waist, holding me once again. I felt his breath against my neck, until I felt a slight kiss, that was made wet on my neck.

I moaned softly saying his name, "Hayes..."

Authors notes: I'm sorry for this cliffhanger, but please comment and express your thoughts. And I apologize for the long wait again. (Unedited)