Ch.7: Fluorescent Adolescent

Part VII

*

"I guess my life hasn't always been happy, or easy, or exactly what I wanted. At a certain point, I just have to try not to think too much about certain things, or else they'll break my heart."

- Unknown

*

(unedited)
Todd's POV

He was planting kisses upward my neck, slowly trying to meet his mark. I don't know if I was just confused or in rhythm with my teenage hormones, it was unclear, and I couldn't deny that it was arousing me, that was certainly building up a craving sensation within me. I needed more.

I needed something that wanted me back, and craved for the very essence that I craved. A lover. But I don't know Hayes the way I need to, I don't want my time and effort to go to waste if I were to suddenly break up with them.
  I want someone who is on the same level with me, I couldn't lose anyone anymore, it always bit me in the ass in the end.

As soon as I came to realize, I felt his lips on mine. It felt as if a fire were in my lungs as this illusion left my mind.

And I began to smell the musk of the green plant, avoiding glances with the few strangers that were accompanying both me and Sam. I didn't ask many questions, except for the part when I wanted to mellow out with a light drug.

I felt everything when I did not feel except for the small emptiness within me, it slowly made everything a bit better than it was before.

"Umm, Sam?" I whisper closely, feeling anxiety pulse through my veins. He looked towards me, with his beautiful pink strained eyes that were glossy.

"Don't worry, these people are chill." He grins, as if there wasn't a possibility that we were going to get caught, but thoroughly, it bothered me to an extent as these paranoid thoughts crossed my mind, I thought, that it was just a possibility waiting to occur.

"Did any faculty staff catch any of you before?" I say nervously, feeling a pang of paranoia,

"Yeah," I hear a boy with a deep voice that sounded malicious and husky, "Ms. Patronymic, was a total b! She suspended me for a few days, it wasn't so bad."

"She seems like a frightening woman," I reply, "I wouldn't want to get caught, especially if I were to get caught by Ms.Patro."

As each of us began to feel the mellowness the weed brought us, we slowly drifted out of our conversations and I, alone began to worry about the current problems that were in my life.

Problem number one.
I want to go home.

Problem number two.
I don't know which boy makes me a better person for myself.

Problem number three.
I want to expand my horizons and experience the things I haven't experienced.

  Problem number four.
I want all my problems to disintegrate into mere nothingness.

Slowly, I grabbed the lighter from an acquaintance whose name I learned was, Kalyna. Now Kalyna was a person with tattoos encasing almost entirely her left arm. I admired each one of her tattoos, with their own personal story to why she got inked.

I inhaled the milky white thick smoke that was currently in Kalyna's clear white percolator bong, within seconds I felt the itch beneath my throat, feeling immediately parched, but it was also a too familiar sensation. I blew out the smoke, trying my hardest not to cough my lungs out. But luck wasn't on my side today, as soon as I knew it I was coughing, and feeling immediately parched from the thc chemical smoke that drifted into the air. I soon realized that Sam was rubbing my back, softly soothing me as I was over succumbed.