Chapter five

Days have gone by since CC and Ashley showed up. CC and I decided that in public we show as friends to reduce the chances of him getting arrested for pedophilia I was in my room packing for dance when there was a knock at the door.

“Come in.” the door opened and stepped in Ashley.

“hey.” He said

“Hi I said. He just stood there and looked at me confused.

“What are you doing?” he asked me.

“Getting ready for my dance show

“You dance.”

“Yea, CC taking me.” He looked at me for awhile while I continued to pack for dance. Then CC shows up in the door way next to Ashley.

“Mandy are you ready?” he looked at Ashley. “Ashley, are you joining us?” he nodded. I don’t know what Ashley thought of me and CC I assumed he didn’t care. “Ok Mandy, I’ll be in the car.” I nodded and then he left. Once I was done packing, I put the two bags over my shoulder. Ashley came up to me and took my bags. He looked at me.

“Sorry for not knowing about your dance.” He said

“It’s fine.” He sighed.

“We have a tour that’s out of this country starting in three months.” I nodded. ‘I want you to come. I want you to stay with me.” He paused “always.” I just looked at him grabbing my black beanie from my bed. I went into the bathroom and put on my red lipstick. He leaned into the doorway. “For a new life. Please you’re my little sister my Purdy two.” Tears stung in my eyes. I put down my lipstick. “ I want you to get out of this hell hole. I want you to have a new life. I want you to be.” He paused again. It sounded like his voice was breaking. “happy.” He finally got it. I was never happy. Ever in my life. No matter when I was smiling on the inside I was dying. that was when I fell to my knees and started crying. He walked up behind me and hugged me.

‘What’s wrong?” he asked.

“You always thought I was ok growing up. I never was and now you actually get it that I was never ok.” He held me in his arms for quite some time. Then my phone went off. I wipe the teas from my face.. I splashed some water on my face and quickly redid my makeup. Then I ran down stairs and into CC’s car. Ash had my bags and threw them in the car.

“I can buy tickets at the door right?” Ashley asked.

“Yea.”

“Ok. How much are they.”

“Five dollars.” I said. CC started to dive off and we where there in a few minutes.