Calculators and the Menstrual Cycle

Ok. So drinking last night was a bad idea. I opened my groggy eyes and glanced at the alarm clock, squinting at the harsh sunlight blasting in through the curtains. Eight thirty.

I let out a deep groan and slid out of bed onto the floor, taking two paracetamol for the pounding headache in my skull, and crawling towards the bathroom on all fours. I managed to pull myself up to the toilet, before emptying whatever remained in my stomach from last night, the sour taste of vomit stinging my throat.

"Fucking hell..." I grimaced, wiping my mouth with the back of my hand and dragging myself upright to look in the mirror.

I looked like the epitome of literal shit. My hair was stuck to the side of my face, and my mascara ran down my cheek like ebony tears. The red lipstick from last night was smeared across my chin and... was that a hickey on my neck? I pulled my hair to the side and took a closer look. That was definitely a hickey. I sure as hell don't remember getting that.

I took a glance at the watch on my wrist and figured that I didn't have time for a shower. It was 30 minutes until my first lesson, and it would take me at least twenty minutes to walk to Starfleet at a fast pace.

I took a mouthful of mouthwash and gargled, revelling in the minty taste washing the stale aroma of vomit and cheap whiskey out of my mouth. I did a quick once-over on my teeth, then tied my hair up in a tight bun and attempted to wipe the remnants of last night's make-up off my face.

Shuffling from the bathroom into T'yonga and my shared room, I quickly pulled the black dress up over my head and pulled off my tights, leaving me standing in a skimpy set of black lacy underwear. That was entirely T'yonga's fault. I rummaged around in my drawer before pulling out a regulation blue Starfleet dress. I wasn't usually the type of person to wear the dresses, preferring to go by a shirt and black trousers, but I wanted to get dressed as quickly as possible. I shook the dress to get rid of the creases and held it up to look at it. It barely came down to my mid-thigh. Starfleet had a thing for short dresses.

"Looking good," came a low voice from my left, and I gasped and spun around to see a completely naked James Kirk lying on T'yonga's bed, her green arm wrapped around his waist, her head resting on his torso. Alright, so apparently I wasn't the only one who had pulled last night.

"Jesus Christ put it away..." I muttered, slipping the dress on over my head and searching in my wardrobe for my trusty black Doc Martens.

He chuckled and pulled the covers up over him, thankfully shielding my view of his crown jewels.

"Much appreciated," I thanked him, sitting on the corner of my bed and pulling my boots on, before grabbing my PADD and tucking it into my handy leather satchel.

He chuckled and turned over, kissing T'yonga on the head and wrapping his arm around her waist. She smiled in her sleep and snuggled in to his embrace, and I couldn't help the corner of my mouth twitching up. I may not approve of the time and place of their copulation, but whatever the circumstances, James Kirk seemed like a nice enough guy.

I wanted to lay down a few ground rules first, though.

"You'd better be gone when I get back, Kirk." I said sternly, "I have a lot of work to do, and I'd rather not complete my assignements with a naked Captain-in-training in my room."

He laughed, and I rolled my eyes, threw my satchel over my shoulder and strode out of the room. I just hoped I could make it in time.

I ran through the Starfleet gates as soon as the 9:00 bell rang. I checked my PADD. I was in a lecture in hall F203 with Professor K'haah, a moody Gorn woman with the temper of a wasp. Luckily for me, she was in the habit of turning up to her lectures at least twenty minutes late, before shouting at us all for wasting her time. I jogged towards F building, my satchel slapping against my thighs with the movement. A quick glance at my watch told me that I had at least a quarter of an hour until I needed to be in the lecture theatre, so I made a quick stop at the Starfleet bookstore.