Coffee, Hickeys and Unfortunate Meetings

The lost Chapter returns to the realms of the living...

*******************************

Lunch with Pierre and his friends was, surprisingly, absolutely fantastic. They were all very, very French, and it was refreshing to hear so many European accents in one place. The constant American voices all around me were making me miss home.

Pierre's friends consisted of two blonde twins, one male one female, Alec and Jasmine, who were both studying Interplanetary Law and Relations, a tall, skinny brunette girl with eyes the colour of ash called Belle, who was in her third year of Xenolinguistics and the cocky and assured Liam, an attractive jock, who was almost finished his course in Physiotherapy.

Pierre introduced me as 'Alex, the English doctor,', and everyone had welcomed me instantly. We all got to know each other well within the first half hour of lunch, and within no time at all, we were all laughing and sharing jokes.

"There is a belle of a boy in my endocrinology class," Pierre exclaimed to the group as he sipped on a caramel mocha, "Is there not, Alex?"

I rolled my eyes sarcastically, taking another bite of my sandwich, he was talking about Jason, the paper aeroplane making 'dreamboat' that he had spotted during our menstrual cycle lecture.

"He's certainly made an impression on you," I joked, nudging Pierre in the side and earning a laugh from Jasmine and Alec.

"Pierre, my darling, you are insatiable," Jasmine cooed in her strong French accent, batting her eyelashes comically.

She was almost painfully beautiful, Jasmine. Her long blonde hair tumbled perfectly around her heart-shaped face in carefully arranged curls, and her emerald eyes, lined flawlessly with kohl, shone from her face when she spoke. What was it about the French and producing ridiculously attractive people?

Pierre merely laughed and finished his coffee in one long draught, before checking the time on his watch.

"I'm off, my lovelies," he said, packing up his bag and standing up, his chair scraping on the clean linoleum floors, "Dissection awaits."

"Enjoy..." I muttered, and he pulled a face. I knew what he meant. Dissection could be interesting and enjoyable, but never on a full stomach. I was lucky enough to not have any dissection classes straight after lunch this year, thank my lucky stars.

He mimed sticking two fingers down his throat and grimaced at me.

"I 'ope to see you again, Alex," he smiled at me.

"You too, Pierre," I responded honestly.

"You know what, I should probably be heading off too..." muttered Belle, smiling at me and hoisting her bag over her shoulder, "I don't suppose my essay on the cultural differences between Vulcan and Earth is going to write itself..."

I laughed, "Good luck, see you in a bit!"

One by one the group got up and left to go to their lessons until I was eventually left on my own on the large table. I had a free period and was planning on using it to my advantage. Getting my satchel out from underneath the table, I removed my PADD and opened up the e-mail that Professor Spock had sent our maths class.

"Complete the following equations, giving your answers in exact form where possible"

I glanced over the equations and smiled to myself. They seemed easy enough, just a bit of factorising and integrating. I was glad that I had bought my graphical calculator that morning, something told me that it was going to be helpful.

I worked quickly, undistracted by the constant chatter of students in the busy cafeteria. Maybe maths wasn't going to be such a terrible subject after all.